Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Overclock iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4!

Please i follow the steps of this tutorial, and worked!
    But I have decided remove it..
    and

I DELETED ALL THE TEXT IN FSTAB FILE,

and reboot.. now my iphone stays on rebooting logo and doesn't do anything!!

Please someone help me!
    How do i fix it?
    I tried to put in DFU mode, but it stays display black.. but the PC doesn't reconize it..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,264 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illmtoloko View Post
    Please i follow the steps of this tutorial, and worked!
    But I have decided remove it..
    and

I DELETED ALL THE TEXT IN FSTAB FILE,

and reboot.. now my iphone stays on rebooting logo and doesn't do anything!!

Please someone help me!
    How do i fix it?
    I tried to put in DFU mode, but it stays display black.. but the PC doesn't reconize it..
    U have to restore...

Ur phone is done for now. You won't be able to even connect for SSH access.

Sorry...😩

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEO View Post
    Can we get a Moderator to close this thread, too many idiots won't read the thread...
    I tried this on my oldest iPod just in case it could mess something up. It basically didn't do anything, just like every other 'over clocking' solution. I never actually reported back in whether or not it worked =P. I feel relatively stupid.

If you want a mod to lock this thread, try messaging one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    I tried this on my oldest iPod just in case it could mess something up. It basically didn't do anything, just like every other 'over clocking' solution. I never actually reported back in whether or not it worked =P. I feel relatively stupid.

If you want a mod to lock this thread, try messaging one.
    I agree! Overclocking doesn't work using this method. In fact, I don't know of any overclocking tweak that officially works. Just remove the Launch Daemons and Foreign Language Packs...that's prolly the most you could do to increase RAM.

If you want do something really dangerous, try installing that Daemon VM Mod tweak. It will give you tons of free ram - as virtual memory, but it's a really unstable tweak and will likely crash your phone repeatedly.

Now that I posted this, like 1000 people will install it anyways crash their phones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    If you want do something really dangerous, try installing that Daemon VM Mod tweak. It will give you tons of free ram - as virtual memory, but it's a really unstable tweak and will likely crash your phone repeatedly.

Now that I posted this, like 1000 people will install it anyways crash their phones
    Hahahahaha!!! You are so right!!!

I've tried all the VM mods and ALL of them are unstable. Some are better than others, but, unless you like ur phone Respringing all the time, they are a pain...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

still can't believe that this lie is going around. There is no way to overclock your phone yet and there may never be a way.
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

Default Works
    This works on iOS 6.1.2. Currently running it on my iPhone 4 and it is almost as fast as my friends 4s. Many thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmyron00 View Post
    This works on iOS 6.1.2. Currently running it on my iPhone 4 and it is almost as fast as my friends 4s. Many thanks!
    What exactly did u do in this thread? Several things were thrown around and I'm curious what specific mods you performed. Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    What exactly did u do in this thread? Several things were thrown around and I'm curious what specific mods you performed. Thanx!
    Exactly what the first action on this page said to do. If you go back to the first page of this thread and follow exactly what it says, it will work. No bugs to report yet!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cmyron00 For This Useful Post:

josef mislik (08-06-2014)

Thanks

Interesting....
    I thought that method was debunked earlier in the thread. Cool if its working for you, though!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Interesting....
    I thought that method was debunked earlier in the thread. Cool if its working for you, though!

It actually does work. As far as I have found, I am the first person to possess an overclocked iPhone on iOS 6 or higher.

Default iOS 6.x Overclock not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaAwesome1 View Post
    Hey guys, as far as i know, this works on iOS 4.0 - iOS 4.0.2. So, here are the instructions!

1: SSH into your iPhone and goto /private/etc and backup the "fstab" file.
    2: Open up fstab in TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad.
    3: Add the following lines:
    su
    alpine (Unless you changed it to something else.)
    sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency_max=???000000 (Replace ??? with the MHz Ex: 600)
    sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency=???000000 (Same as above)
    sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency_min=???000000 (Replace ??? with the MHz you want when the iPhone is sleeping, etc..)

Add those before:
    /dev/disk0s1 / hfs rw 0 1
    /dev/disk0s2 /private/var hfs rw 0 2

So, in the end, it'll look like this:

su
    alpine (Unless you changed it to something else.)
    sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency_max=???000000
    sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency=???000000
    sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency_min=???000000
    /dev/disk0s1 / hfs rw 0 1
    /dev/disk0s2 /private/var hfs rw 0 2

4: Reboot your iPhone!

(PS: If you try using a tool like Checkup, or something, itll say the same thing because it checks it using the model number and firmware model!)
    __________________________________________________ ________

Credits: Monsieurtalbot of SinFul iPhone
    __________________________________________________ ________

Thanks guys, tell me how it goes!

Update: Quite probably this used to work prior to iOS 5.x versions - however now "hw.cpufrequency" is a non existant variable in the pre-boot VM environment. The cpu frequency / clock ratios are fixed inside the hypervisor. I would have to assume that Apple's engineers worked this one out long ago and have now stopped people from winding up their clock frequencies.

As at 6.1.6 - this most definately does not increase the CPU frequency. The alternate mod called "Speed Intensifier" available from cydia is also only a cosmetic speed boost. It alters the refresh rates for apps opening and closing - does have some benefit, however, it does not alter the core cpu speed of the device.

Also, very happy to be proven wrong... as speeding up the phones a little is allways beneficial

Cheers,
    Cynergy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cynergy^ For This Useful Post:

josef mislik (08-06-2014)

Thanks

Most of this thread is pointless once you have an ip5. On iOS 7, it actually causes a lot of crashing and weird bugs. I've abandoned these tips now and I 'used' to be a major proponent of them in the past!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678