+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hide names of individual applications i4

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys i need to know how can i hide individual names of apps, settings, safari etc. i did a search on but i think the tread i found does
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default hide names of individual applications i4
    hey guys i need to know how can i hide individual names of apps, settings, safari etc. i did a search on but i think the tread i found does not apply to ios4 and i4. any help appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been trying to find out the same thing. I want to hide my Clock and Weather Icon label but just can't seem to find a way. Somebody did offer a way, but it didn't work for me. Here it is if you want to try it.

Here's the link to the post: Is Possible to Make One Icons Text Transparent?

Please post here if it works for you!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

heres an easy way, go to your apps directory and go in the info.plist, actually first look for an english or en.lproj folder, if there is one go in it and open infoplist.strings, in the strings file youll see something like "UFBundleDisplayName" = "apps name"; all you need to do is change the txt in "apps name" to a space, now respring, DONE!
    PS. if your using a theme youll need to change the name of the apps icon appropriately, also if you want to do this more than once dont have the same amount of spaces for any two apps e.g. change calender to one space and clock to two spaces so on and so forth this is the easiest way i have found to do this

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!