Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting the DCIM/100APPLE folder to show any file type

Default Getting the DCIM/100APPLE folder to show any file type
    As the DCIM folder is the only folder that can be accessed through USB, I wanted to be able to put different kinds of files in the 100APPLE folder (instead of just pictures) You simply could put files in there but they wont show up in Windows Explorer, there is a folder called .MISC (Which is hidden by default) that contains a property list with two keys, the first one is "DCIMChangedExternally" Which is set to False, and the other key is "LastFileGroupNumber-100" which holds an integer that has the number of photos in your Camera Roll.

My goal is to place an mp3 in there and to be able to show it, So I can connect my iPod to any generic device that supports USB and MP3 files, and doesn't have iPod support (I am using a digital picture frame to experiment with).

I had successfully been able to show an MP3 in the folder by changing the extension to .JPG, and adding 1 with the aforementioned plist's "LastFileGroupNumber" to become from 76 to 77, and disconnected-reconnected my iPod touch, And that led me to the conclusion that there is a list somewhere with the "allowed" extensions, I would like to have some help finding that list.

Note that this was done on iOS 4.0

Pwntunes will do what you need. Turns ur phone into a giant flash drive.

Pwnage tools costs money, I was trying to figure A way to do pretty much the same thing and the solution I found is in the following video. The only downside is it requires a reboot of your phone everytime u want to use it as a flash drive. Basically you can have a flash drive, or be able to sync to itunes, but not both at the same time. Just a minor hassle for me but it works very well.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SqRbt8VqDO8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SqRbt8VqDO8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Quote Originally Posted by drzero View Post
    Pwnage tools costs money, I was trying to figure A way to do pretty much the same thing and the solution I found is in the following video. The only downside is it requires a reboot of your phone everytime u want to use it as a flash drive. Basically you can have a flash drive, or be able to sync to itunes, but not both at the same time. Just a minor hassle for me but it works very well.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SqRbt8VqDO8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SqRbt8VqDO8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    the guy said pwntunes (an iDevice file transfer program) not pwnage tools (i think you meant to say Pwnagetool, which is a mac only jailbreak program, and it doesn't cost any money).
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

the reason it will not show up is because each File that gets imported into the album has its own entry file that tells the iphone whats in there.

There are things I Was working that would allow me to use ifile and import mp3s into the album . there is also a setting that allows files with no video to be imported in...

but that will also make it so you can NOT record video.