Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing Fonts on iOS 4

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Changing Fonts on iOS 4
    Has anybody had any luck changing the fonts on iOS 4? I always manually changed them under Fonts then Caches on my old 3GS. For some reason it doesn't work on my new i4. FontSwap doesn't work either.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SharpieBandit For This Useful Post:

buchay (08-25-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah i had the same issue.... font swap no good so i thought ill do it the old fasioned way and manually change them but nope didnt work either...sigh

What happens is that iOS 4 uses the TTC (TrueType Collection) format for most fonts as opposed to the TTF (TrueType Font) used before. What you have to do is convert them following these instructions: Fonts for iOS4
    Last edited by Jliszt; 08-08-2010 at 08:19 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jliszt For This Useful Post:

evldat (08-08-2010)

Thanks

I'm on 64-bit Windows. If someone could follow those instructions, please give me the bold and Neue versions of NeoTech it would be much appreciated... All anyone is giving out is just the reg font.

Damn I'm on 64bit as well. @SharpieBandit - if anyone hooks you up let me know, I would also like NeoTech

Quote Originally Posted by Jliszt View Post
    What happens is that iOS 4 uses the TTC (TrueType Collection) format for most fonts as opposed to the TTF (TrueType Font) used before. What you have to do is convert them following these instructions: Fonts for iOS4

I do not understand step 4 and 5 ..? could explain a little better.

There has been fonts already ported and ready to be SSH'd for ios4. Just use google to search..

iPhone? More like MyPhone jeffglenellen's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhoneRuler | How To: Install iPhone fonts (iOS 4)

Make sure to read instructions carefully. This is even better method than using FontSwap,it changes all system fonts,even the keyboard If you want a different Lockscreen clock,calculator and dialer fonts you can change them in FontSwap while still keeping the custom one,enjoy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey jeffglenellen I've downloaded the files from iPhone rulers sites, but when I unzipped them they unzip as a file with no extention, which means I can't do anything with it on my pc, am I missing some sort o codex or something? What extension should those files unpack as.... .ttc?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evldat View Post
    Hey jeffglenellen I've downloaded the files from iPhone rulers sites, but when I unzipped them they unzip as a file with no extention, which means I can't do anything with it on my pc, am I missing some sort o codex or something? What extension should those files unpack as.... .ttc?
    Yes,they should extract as a folder with the .ttc and .ttf files,along with some sort of read me text file(I just delete the text file and install all the .ttf and .ttc files). If you are having trouble I can make a zip file for you with the files you need for whatever font you want from the site

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffglenellen For This Useful Post:

evldat (08-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah Thats what i thought... Dont know why my pc is unpacking it into a single extensionless file? Mate if you could repack those files for me that would be Great, im after the Celexa and amerika fonts... Mainly system fonts but whatever you feel like doing would be greatly appreciated cheers
    Last edited by evldat; 08-11-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks

Ok so I have searched actually and went through almost all 70-something pages on Xsellize (ick) where they have been posting the fonts. There is only the regular NeoTech being passed around. If you try to just use the same file for Neue and Bold, it doesn't work and crashes the springboard. Also, 64-bit Windows can't use the tools to make the fonts.

However if you did search before just assuming that I didn't and found those fonts, I would be greatly thankful if you could show me as to where you found them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There's a bunch on iPhone rulers page... The link is in the post above
    Last edited by evldat; 08-11-2010 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks

Post #1
    MacThemes Forum / How to port a font for the iPhone OS!

Post #112
    MacThemes Forum / How to port a font for the iPhone OS!

Pretty complicated but if you keep at it, you can change the font. Took me awhile to get it earlier today.
    Last edited by Alphapanda; 08-12-2010 at 02:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is so frustrating.... i can breakdown the ttc file and replace the FONT00.TTF and FONT01.TTF files i run the comand 'MAKETTC" and i get a batch error saying MAKETTC is not recognised? anyone else having this issue? im running windows xp...

Ok, so I've successfully generated compatible font files and replaced the following in /Sytem/Library/fonts/cache/

Helvetica.ttc
    MarkerFeltThin.ttf
    LockClock.ttf
    PhonepadTwo.ttf
    PhoneKeyCaps.ttf
    (I couldn't swap HelveticaNeue because it crashed my phone)

The only fonts that seemed to change were the icon labels and the time (but not the date) on the lock screen. How do I change other things such as the date on the lock screen and the time on the status bar?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evldat View Post
    Yeah Thats what i thought... Dont know why my pc is unpacking it into a single extensionless file? Mate if you could repack those files for me that would be Great, im after the Celexa and amerika fonts... Mainly system fonts but whatever you feel like doing would be greatly appreciated cheers
    Here you go,sorry I didn't see your comment until now,hope this works for you,these are the system fonts for Celexa and Amerika
    Attached Files Attached Files

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffglenellen For This Useful Post:

evldat (08-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks heaps mate, that worked like a charm I really appreciate it... Couldn't stand the original font... Only question I have I'm using the celexa font and it seems to have changed all my system fonts except the speech bubbles in SMS and and some other text... Any ideas? Cheers

iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

Hello all!! I have a question, I went on cydia and got the papyrus font. It works, it changed all my fonts but what I need to know is , how can I make it bold?

iPhone? More like MyPhone onelow99's Avatar
    Thanks

Or you could just get BytaFont on Cydia. Changes fonts system wide on iOS4.0 and higher. And then get ur iPhoneRuler fonts in the fonts section of Cydia