Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using BossPaper on iOS4

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Using BossPaper on iOS4
    Here is how to make BossPaper work flawlessly in iOS4 -

- in Cydia, download "bosspaper transparent background"
    - Open BossPaper and turn on the "under winterboard" setting (this will also allow you to see the multitasking toolbar while using bosspaper).
    - in Winterboard, enable the "bosspaper transparent background"

Everything should be working fine after this.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

afmanalo (08-07-2010), dwkkwd (08-04-2010), euphoria4949 (04-15-2011), evldat (08-04-2010), illusionuk (08-10-2010), Jazzman UK (08-04-2010), laz305 (08-27-2010), Pistol1 (08-27-2010), Poseidon79 (08-03-2010), Skootertramp (08-12-2010), Zenitram (08-22-2010)

Works like a charm, thanks.

Worked amazingly. Thanks for the post. I'd been having trouble with BossPaper working!

How would I go about getting this to work without installing Winterboard? I've tried creating a transparent png, choosing that as my background, but that then just shows a white background on Springboard, and no BossPaper bg. Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for that.Now it works just as it should

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    How would I go about getting this to work without installing Winterboard? I've tried creating a transparent png, choosing that as my background, but that then just shows a white background on Springboard, and no BossPaper bg. Any ideas?
    One idea - install Winterboard!

nice dude thanks

Thanks for that!

Works great!

I did all the steps and am getting a black screen. Any thoughts? I'm on a 3gs with i0s 4.0.1. Thanks!

----

Edit: After some fiddling around in both winterboard and bosspaper I got it to work.
    Last edited by Zenitram; 08-22-2010 at 06:10 PM.

how do I use bosspaper with a springboard widget like weather furik? everytime I try I get a weird thin blue border and no widget

iPhone? More like MyPhone onelow99's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ I'd like to know this too. I want to take advantage of my HD wallpapers and have them rotate thru w/ Bosspaper. But everytime I enable it it covers up the widget and my theme also has an overlay which disappears. I have the latest ver of Bosspaper and have "show under winterboard enabled", but it still covers it up.

Boss on my 3gs seems to drain my battery pretty quick. I took off the transitions so it would run and have it on "change on app close." Any ideas?

Thanks so much for this.
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

Question Works amazingly good as stated, but...
    Works just as stated but a side effect is, it doesn't work with Multifl0w (a replacement for the amazing Pro Switcher app on iOS3.X). When I enable Multifl0w, I don't see my bosspaper wallpapers anymore, I only see a plain black background Would anyone know of a walkaround this withouth uninstalling this amazing tweak for Boss Paper

Default TOP MAN! Works with iOS 4.2.1 and 4.3
    Cheers pal. I had Bosspaper working but just plain old change wallpaper upon app closure, but with your bit of info the transitions are working now

Thanks again

I can't even get winterboard lmao. I'm on 4.2.1. It's messed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    I can't even get winterboard lmao. I'm on 4.2.1. It's messed up...
    Wow you serious??? If Cydia or your iDevice wont let you download and install winterboard it sounds like you are in desperate need of a restore my friend! If your having problems with 4.2.1 which lots of people are including myself, my iPhone keeps freezing for 5/10 seconds after calls, then check to see if you have your SHSH blobs saved so you can restore back to 4.1. Might be worth a try.

Ya I got a itouch 2g. I know all bout hackin and whatnot but... Apple really ****** up 4.2.1 and I can't even update it cuz apple stopped on 4.2.1 on iPod 2g, iPhone 3G... Stupid apple better fix this. Also my keyboard gets all disoriented like I'll try to press a key and it ends up pressing the one 4 keys over and I all I can do is just reset my iPod to get it back to normal. I updated it thinking it would be better