Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0

Default [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0
    Guys, this is the new path to change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery Status Bar icons to work with winterboard in OS 4.0 and 4.0.1
    All you need to do is add the following png's to the UIImages folder under your theme with the following names:

Signal Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_Bars
    Black_1_Bars
    Black_2_Bars
    Black_3_Bars
    Black_4_Bars
    Black_5_Bars

App Screen
    Silver_0_Bars
    Silver_1_Bars
    Silver_2_Bars
    Silver_3_Bars
    Silver_4_Bars
    Silver_5_Bars

WiFi Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_WifiBars
    Black_1_WifiBars
    Black_2_WifiBars
    Black_3_WifiBars

App Screen
    Silver_0_WifiBars
    Silver_1_WifiBars
    Silver_2_WifiBars
    Silver_3_WifiBars

Status Bar:

Home Screen and LockScreen
    Translucent_Base

Some Apps Screen
    Black_Base

Other Apps like Phone, Settings... (I reccomend for this one in particular to use the default image)
    Silver_Base

Battery Status Bar:

Home Screen
    Black_BatteryCharged
    Black_BatteryCharging
    Black_BatteryDrainingBG
    Black_BatteryDrainingInsides
    Black_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow

App Screen
    Silver_BatteryCharged
    Silver_BatteryCharging
    Silver_BatteryDrainingBG
    Silver_BatteryDrainingInsides
    Silver_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow

Hope it helps.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Seranis For This Useful Post:

CelsoSC (02-28-2011), Chevyman209 (08-05-2010), DisneyRicky (01-08-2011), dj_grover (08-04-2010), ElectricEnix (09-11-2010), Kat_Kingdom (08-21-2010), modoe (08-28-2010), Newbee123 (08-17-2010), Nick Hesson (08-20-2010), nomercy413 (08-15-2010), skater38053 (08-10-2010), Suevans (09-07-2010), tecpunk64 (08-04-2010), thebiketrotter (08-17-2010), zphone (08-03-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Seranis View Post
    Guys, this is the new path to change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery Status Bar icons to work with winterboard in OS 4.0 and 4.0.1
    All you need to do is add the following png's to the UIImages folder under your theme with the following names:

Signal Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_Bars
    Black_1_Bars
    Black_2_Bars
    Black_3_Bars
    Black_4_Bars
    Black_5_Bars

App Screen
    Silver_0_Bars
    Silver_1_Bars
    Silver_2_Bars
    Silver_3_Bars
    Silver_4_Bars
    Silver_5_Bars

WiFi Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_WifiBars
    Black_1_WifiBars
    Black_2_WifiBars
    Black_3_WifiBars

App Screen
    Silver_0_WifiBars
    Silver_1_WifiBars
    Silver_2_WifiBars
    Silver_3_WifiBars

Status Bar:

Home Screen and LockScreen
    Translucent_Base

Some Apps Screen
    Black_Base

Other Apps like Phone, Settings... (I reccomend for this one in particular to use the default image)
    Silver_Base

Battery Status Bar:

Home Screen
    Black_BatteryCharged
    Black_BatteryCharging
    Black_BatteryDrainingBG
    Black_BatteryDrainingInsides
    Black_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow

App Screen
    Silver_BatteryCharged
    Silver_BatteryCharging
    Silver_BatteryDrainingBG
    Silver_BatteryDrainingInsides
    Silver_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow

Hope it helps.
    What directory on the IP4/IOS4 do these files live in?

Quote Originally Posted by dxe View Post
    What directory on the IP4/IOS4 do these files live in?
    For example:
    C: \[Your Theme Name]\UIImages\

You put those files inside the UIImages folder and let winterboard do it's job.

I don't know specifically were do they live in, because I read somewhere they are hidden in a artwork file or something, but I read in some forum that putting those images under the UIImages folder in your winterboard theme works fine, I'm on a 3GS running OS 4.0.1 and I have my custom theme with the WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery Status Bar themed. Try the method I post above, it will work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Seranis For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (01-08-2011)

any way to change carrier bar? It normally says your carrier, but I've always changed mine to the Apple logo, which isn't working on 4.0
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

For example:
    C: [Your Theme Name]UIImages

You put those files inside the UIImages folder and let winterboard do it's job.

I don't know specifically were do they live in, because I read somewhere they are hidden in a artwork file or something, but I read in some forum that putting those images under the UIImages folder in your winterboard theme works fine, I'm on a 3GS running OS 4.0.1 and I have my custom theme with the WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery Status Bar themed. Try the method I post above, it will work.
    I was asking where these files live on the phone filesystem....

I would like to find where the AT&T carrier logo file is stored and add an icon for my AT&T Microcell.....

Quote Originally Posted by dxe View Post
    I was asking where these files live on the phone filesystem....

I would like to find where the AT&T carrier logo file is stored and add an icon for my AT&T Microcell.....
    You can find the carrier logos in the following path: [root]/User/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/, there you can see your carrier logo, please note that you need to backup first the default logos, if you want to replace them in the future, this is because you are not using winterboard.

PS: I don't know were are the Wifi, Statusbar, Battery Statusbar, and Signal Bars logos in the iphone system files, to change this ones use the method I suggest.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Seranis For This Useful Post:

dxe (08-05-2010)

Thanks

Default How to Change Carrier logo on IOS 4 and iPhone 4
    First off you go into the bundles and then find the file com.apple.ATT_US, open this folder then rename the 2 files in there, one well be a FSO the other Default rename the Default: Default_CARRIER_ATT@2x the FSO file rename: FSO_CARRIER_ATT@2x and that's it you have to resize the custom carriers because the come out a lil smaller on the new iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you tell me where to find the icon 3g and edged in iSO 4 plz
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Patato22 View Post
    Can you tell me where to find the icon 3g and edged in iSO 4 plz
    You need to put them in the same folder (UIImages) I posted in my first post inside your winterboard theme:

Edge:

Black_DataTypeEDGE
    Silver_DataTypeEDGE

3G:

Black_DataTypeUMTS
    Silver_DataTypeUMTS

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seranis For This Useful Post:

Hapoom (08-27-2010), iPhoneLady (08-08-2010), Kat_Kingdom (08-21-2010), wallacerp (08-13-2010)

sorry, I am new to this, but do I just create some blank .png files and name them to the name you provided above and put it in the UIImage folder? Or do I have to find the real .png files with those name and put it in the UIImage folder. I tried to create some blank .png files and put it into the UIImage folder, and it doesn't work. I am not sure if I am doing it right.

The WiFi & signal fix doesn't seem to be working for me anyone else having this problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bars.png  

You can find the carrier logos in the following path: [root]/User/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/, there you can see your carrier logo, please note that you need to backup first the default logos, if you want to replace them in the future, this is because you are not using winterboard.

PS: I don't know were are the Wifi, Statusbar, Battery Statusbar, and Signal Bars logos in the iphone system files, to change this ones use the method I suggest.
    Thanks for the GREAT info!!!

Any reccomended sizes (pixels) for the two files (standard and 2x)

This is working perfectly for T mobile carrier on 3GS with 4.0

<your theme name>.theme/Bundles/com.apple.Unknown/Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE
    <your theme name>.theme/Bundles/com.apple.Unknown/FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE

ENJOY

for iphone4 use
    <your theme name>.theme/UIImages/Black_CARRIER_TMOBILE

I dropped them in the in the theme I am using.... Got the wifi logo changed.

iP4 on iOS 4.01
    Last edited by billinaz; 08-07-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billinaz View Post
    I dropped them in the in the theme I am using.... Got the wifi logo changed.

iP4 on iOS 4.01
    How did you do it? I can't get mine changed.

When I leave the "@2x" it does nothing. When I take the "@2x" off, the images are too big.

I resized my signal bars by half, and they looked pixelated.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have them in the UIImages folder of my theme. Correct file name and all.

Any help?

Last edited by boomersmech; 08-08-2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boomersmech For This Useful Post:

colmiak (10-13-2010), metaljay (08-28-2010), smooth22 (08-08-2010)

Great info thank you. Does anyone know how to change alarm clock bluetooth and status notifier icons?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blainesill View Post
    How did you do it? I can't get mine changed.

When I leave the "@2x" it does nothing. When I take the "@2x" off, the images are too big.

I resized my signal bars by half, and they looked pixelated.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have them in the UIImages folder of my theme. Correct file name and all.

Any help?
    This happened to me as well. What worked was to reduce the image size by 1/2 after taking the @2x off the file name. Example if teh file is 40 X 40, reduce it to 20 x 20. This worked for both signal and wifi bars, the bluetooth icon and the in-call glow None of them look bad when I reduced the image size.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    any way to change carrier bar? It normally says your carrier, but I've always changed mine to the Apple logo, which isn't working on 4.0
    Make a folder called com.apple.ATT_US (if using att in the US) and make 2 designs and name Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png

place the com.apple.ATT_US in /Your Theme.theme/Bundles folder

Respring

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    This happened to me as well. What worked was to reduce the image size by 1/2 after taking the @2x off the file name. Example if teh file is 40 X 40, reduce it to 20 x 20. This worked for both signal and wifi bars, the bluetooth icon and the in-call glow None of them look bad when I reduced the image size.
    Definitely pixelated after doing that:

Well, I guess you can't tell from the screenshot. It's definitely nasty looking on my phone though.

From what I've been seeing, Winterboard needs an update for these to work properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0633.png  
    Last edited by blainesill; 08-09-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast