+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by blainesill Definitely pixelated after doing that: Well, I guess you can't tell from the screenshot. It's definitely nasty looking on my phone though. From what I've been
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blainesill View Post
    Definitely pixelated after doing that:

Well, I guess you can't tell from the screenshot. It's definitely nasty looking on my phone though.

From what I've been seeing, Winterboard needs an update for these to work properly.
    You've got better eyes than I have LOL. I actually like the "pixellated" versions as I can SEE them better haha.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Thanks

What about the lock orientation icon or whatever its called? The icon that shows up on the status bar when you lock the phone from going into landscape mode.. Whats that image called? I cant seem to find it..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've got my Carrier logo switched out, but for the life of me I can't get my signal bars switched out. I'm trying to get them red. I have tried all of the tutorials and still no luck. If anyone can chime in I would be greatful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seranis View Post
    Guys, this is the new path to change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery Status Bar icons to work with winterboard in OS 4.0 and 4.0.1
    All you need to do is add the following png's to the UIImages folder under your theme with the following names:

Signal Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_Bars
    Black_1_Bars
    Black_2_Bars
    Black_3_Bars
    Black_4_Bars
    Black_5_Bars

App Screen
    Silver_0_Bars
    Silver_1_Bars
    Silver_2_Bars
    Silver_3_Bars
    Silver_4_Bars
    Silver_5_Bars

WiFi Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_WifiBars
    Black_1_WifiBars
    Black_2_WifiBars
    Black_3_WifiBars

App Screen
    Silver_0_WifiBars
    Silver_1_WifiBars
    Silver_2_WifiBars
    Silver_3_WifiBars

Status Bar:

Home Screen and LockScreen
    Translucent_Base

Some Apps Screen
    Black_Base

Other Apps like Phone, Settings... (I reccomend for this one in particular to use the default image)
    Silver_Base

Battery Status Bar:

Home Screen
    Black_BatteryCharged
    Black_BatteryCharging
    Black_BatteryDrainingBG
    Black_BatteryDrainingInsides
    Black_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow

App Screen
    Silver_BatteryCharged
    Silver_BatteryCharging
    Silver_BatteryDrainingBG
    Silver_BatteryDrainingInsides
    Silver_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow

Hope it helps.
    Ok, I need some help. I understand where to put the pngs, but how do I get them?? Sorry, I'm relatively new to this...please help, somebody!

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artic Bananas View Post
    Ok, I need some help. I understand where to put the pngs, but how do I get them?? Sorry, I'm relatively new to this...please help, somebody!
    go up a few posts in this thread and look for user "boomersmech" and they have a link(in there post) to where you can download all the files you will need.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    go up a few posts in this thread and look for user "boomersmech" and they have a link(in there post) to where you can download all the files you will need.
    Ah, thanks. I must have missed that post...

Quote Originally Posted by boomersmech View Post
    I downloaded those files and put them in my UIImages folder in my theme, SSHed it and all that, selected it in Winterboard. Then I tried using a WiFi signal bars theme I downloaded from Rock and it still wouldn't change. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Artic Bananas; 08-10-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    What about the lock orientation icon or whatever its called? The icon that shows up on the status bar when you lock the phone from going into landscape mode.. Whats that image called? I cant seem to find it..
    Anyone?

NM. Figured it out.
    Last edited by ekidd; 08-11-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

the iPhone 4 seems to accomodate much larger sized images (resolution) and scale them appropriately. Try using your original image resoltion and add the @2x after it. See if it zooms in on part or if it scales the entire image.

I experimented with this for icons. I was using 60x60 on my 3GS and on the iphone 4 I'm now using 256 by 256 (I do still need the @2x to make the icons replace right. Also I do NOT have summerboard enabled)

edit: this was in reply to a much earlier question not the last couple posts (sorry)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is Awesome. It works perfect!
    "No matter whatever level you reach, getting better never stops" - Sachin Tendulkar

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artic Bananas View Post
    Can someone please give the sizes for these files, and default location if not using winterboard, or if you want to download the originals. I am on the iPhone 4 where many files take on the @2x at the end of the file name. Icon.png would be [email protected] to denote the higher resolution icon. In the case of the homescreen icons, this means a file that is 114px. x 114px. rather than the 57x57 that previous iPhones used. I don't see anyone talking about filenames with the @2x on them. We need someone writing not just iOS4 specific tutorials, but iPhone 4 tutorials, since their are differences specific to owning that hardware when modding.

I have attached what I have modded so far.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0-img_0198.png   [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0-img_0199.png   [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0-img_0200.png   [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0-img_0201.png   [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0-img_0202.png  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try this link jml:

Need Help Naming Icon Folders (iOS4)

Also for things other than icons this one:

Custom Winterboard Themes on iOS4

also jml how did you get rid of the black outline behind the icons you have changed?
    Last edited by Glycereine; 08-19-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    Anyone?

NM. Figured it out.
    If you don't mind what/where is it? Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, I have this working, but not completely. Like If I pull up cydia, the 3g, wifi, and signal bars all disappear and it returns to a normal view. Where as if on the home screen or messages, It works correctly. Any idea? I've renamed all files and resprung more than ever to make sure.

Have we found out where the folder is for these files? Be nice if we could do it the old fashion way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jltdhome's Avatar
    Thanks

The image file is located inside Shared.artwork in /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework

Not as easy as drag and drop.
    Lightning from the Sky - Thunder from the Sea

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried in the bundles folder then in the UIImages folder and still no wifi logo changes the only other option im looking at is going to the Root folder where the original logos are which is System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AirPortSettings.bundle and just replacing those but idk if i will F*** up my phone :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anything for ios 5???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do you change the wifi bars on 5.1.1

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

You can download themes or different ui images will change them.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12