+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] Netflix on iPhone4

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by weeslo I said I deleted it already..lol. But thanks, I deleted the Netflix.app folder, rebooted, and still nothing. I had to use iTunes on my laptop to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SchmilK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weeslo View Post
    I said I deleted it already..lol. But thanks, I deleted the Netflix.app folder, rebooted, and still nothing.
    I had to use iTunes on my laptop to download and sync it, now it is working. Trying to install from my phone kept saying that I must connect to itunes to install it

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was also getting that message saying I need to install from a computer. I deleted the netflix app (ipad version) that I'd installed on the phone via ssh and then tried again to download it on the phone and it worked. Opened the app, played around with it, seems to work quite well.

My question now though is, should I ssh into my phone and delete the netflix app I put in there weeks ago, to make the ipad app work on the phone? Or should I just do nothing now? Does the iphone app just replace the ipad version, or is there stuff floating around in the phone that I should go delete?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

iTunes is whats giving me the error that its already installed. When i try it directly on my phone, it just says theres an error.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SchmilK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    I was also getting that message saying I need to install from a computer. I deleted the netflix app (ipad version) that I'd installed on the phone via ssh and then tried again to download it on the phone and it worked. Opened the app, played around with it, seems to work quite well.

My question now though is, should I ssh into my phone and delete the netflix app I put in there weeks ago, to make the ipad app work on the phone? Or should I just do nothing now? Does the iphone app just replace the ipad version, or is there stuff floating around in the phone that I should go delete?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    If you are browsing and playing videos using the netflix app and not a web browser, then you are all up to date and don't need to do anything else.

This is so much smoother than browsing and loading movies using the web browser! Now i can turn off Safari iPad mode and get back to smooth web browsing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Same problem here
    I tried deleting the Netflix.app folder from Applications folder and restarted my iPhone 4. But, I still can't install the official Netflix iPhone app. Any ideas?

Previously I tried the reboot option and Netflix app still wouldn't install for me.

I then 'Powered off' and then turned it back on, now Netflix app installs fine.

Not sure if there is a difference between 'Reboot' and 'Power cycling it but it seems to have worked for me!
    Last edited by TopiPhone; 08-26-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TopiPhone For This Useful Post:

weeslo (08-26-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The full power down, then back on thing worked for me. i did multiple sbsettings 'Reboot' and it never worked.

Weird

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TopiPhone View Post
    Not sure if there is a difference between 'Reboot' and 'Power cycling it but it seems to have worked for me!
    What is 'power cycling,' though?

Is that the same as restarting the phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have tried everything as well. I have deleted the iPad app, rebooted, powered off and on, used my pc and macbook still nothing will get this to install. It just keeps saying its already installed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    nrfuller, if you are used to SBSettings to power down.. there are couple of options. Reboot and Power off. I used the 'Power off' and then pressed the Sleep button to bring it back on. (sorry to use the term power cycle)

Netflix Watch Instantly Officially Comes to iPhone [Updated] | Top iPhone Resource

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TopiPhone View Post
    If you are used to SBSettings to power down.. there are couple of options. Reboot and Power off. I used the 'Power off' and then pressed the Sleep button to bring it back on. (sorry to use the term power cycle)

Netflix Watch Instantly Officially Comes to iPhone [Updated] | Top iPhone Resource
    Yes, I have tried the old fashioned power down and on, sbsettings reboot and power, I have even gone and added the app manually again to see if I could get iTunes to remove it for me, no luck. I think the only real solution is to restore.

Finally. The only way I can get the app delete method to work is by using terminal, not an SSH SFTP file program.

rm -R Netflix.app in the Applications folder.
    Last edited by jslay; 08-26-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I also found one netflix .plist file that I went ahead and removed as well. I dont remember the location, i just used iFile and searched for Netflix through the whole filesystem and deleted all the netflix files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

EZY-BID Auctions online cheapest buy latest apple iPhone sony laptop mobile phone camera
    EZY-BID.COM provides a fresh approach to auction entertainment. EZY-BID.COM can provide customers with access to the latest, cutting-edge product lines offered within the digital and electronics communities.
    Don't miss your chance to grab a new iPhone 4!

With 15' seconds Auction for cheap "New iPhone4, iPad, laptop" and much more at EZY-BID.COM Items start at $0.01 and increase with each bid. Final bidder wins. shipping worldwide free of charge. Ezy-bid.com is amazing auctions platform with incredible discounts to offer an unrivaled new shopping entertainment experience that offer great deals on Premium Brand New Products, top of the range with save up to 97%.

Auctions online cheap buy latest apple iPhone sony laptop mobile phone camera

Thanks

^^^^Please ban this @#$ wipe! This has nothing to do with iPhone mods and is just shameful SCAM advertising at MMI expense.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456