+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: clone one iphone to another

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone, I have an original iPhone that I've spent probably way too much time working on (getting apps, hacks, and what not). I also just got an iPhone 3g.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default clone one iphone to another
    Hello everyone,

I have an original iPhone that I've spent probably way too much time working on (getting apps, hacks, and what not).

I also just got an iPhone 3g. Is there any way I can clone my old iPhone and make my 3g identical to it? like an image, or something of the sort.

I REALLY don't want to spend countless hours getting the same hacks and apps on my new phone.

Would SSHing and literally copy-pasting the iPhones files to the iPhone 3g work?

I want everything the same. Firmware, settings, contacts, EVERYTHING. How can I do this?
    (I am on tmobile, so I don't care about any 3g problems)

Thanks

i think there is a way to make a custom firmware - search it on google. there would be all your apps and other things. and for your contacts and settings you can just sync.
    hope it helps

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, for your jailbroken apps I suggest getting something like app backup or pkgbackup, or if you have rock just back it up under your acc. Then for the regular apps and settings etc, make a backup on your iTunes, it probably has one right now. So once it backs up, plug in your iPhone 3g, right click on the name on the left side (where theres the drop arrow showing playlist under your iPhones name) and click restore from backup, and it shows the iPhone 2g backup and restore. Then just jailbreak it and redownload appbackup or pkgbackup and run it and you should get the original jailbreak apps back, and your iPhone should be under the same settings as your iPhone 2g. I'm not 100% sure this will work, but it is what I did when I switched my phone from a 3g to a 3gs then to a iPhone 4. Good Luck!