+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Odd dock issue with iOS 4

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So, I just finished upgrading to 4.0, got everything jailbroken, apps installed, themed, running bosspaper, all that good stuff. Only thing is there's a wierd issue with the dock icons.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Odd dock issue with iOS 4
    So, I just finished upgrading to 4.0, got everything jailbroken, apps installed, themed, running bosspaper, all that good stuff.

Only thing is there's a wierd issue with the dock icons. They have darkened silhouettes. If I use five icon dock, there are five. I've tried different themes, they all have a default icon silhouette. I have a screeny I hope will make it a little clearer.
    Anyone else have this issue or know how to correct it?

EDIT
    So I found out it's iOS 4s default drop shadow. Any way to disable it?
    Last edited by anctrekker; 07-12-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Update

Thanks

I'm curious too. It's one of the things that led me to abandon iOS 4 for 3.1.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anctrekker View Post
    So, I just finished upgrading to 4.0, got everything jailbroken, apps installed, themed, running bosspaper, all that good stuff.

Only thing is there's a wierd issue with the dock icons. They have darkened silhouettes. If I use five icon dock, there are five. I've tried different themes, they all have a default icon silhouette. I have a screeny I hope will make it a little clearer.
    Anyone else have this issue or know how to correct it?

EDIT
    So I found out it's iOS 4s default drop shadow. Any way to disable it?
    Actually there is, but you're going to lose another feature in the process...

You can disable your Homescreen Wallpaper through the N##AP.plist file inside /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app (## is a number that changes for each iPod/iPhone generation, I don't know what it is on your device.)

Just change the homescreen-wallpaper key to false. Yes, you'll lose your wallpaper Homescreen. You can use WinterBoard to get it back (either using my newly-submitted-but-not-yet-approved package "User Wallpaper 4.0," which is a replacement for the currently-broken version of User Wallpaper that comes with Cydia, or by creating a theme with a custom Wallpaper.jpg).

Sadly, that appears to be the only way so far... the drop shadows only appear if homescreen wallpaper is activated.
    No sig spam | @MikeBeas

Green Apple
    Thanks

Use iFile or SSH to navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/ and delete WallpaperIconDockShadow.png and WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png. Or create two transparent images (size doesnt matter) and put them into a theme you created:

/Library/Themes/-yourtheme-/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/ and name them WallpaperIconDockShadow.png and WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png.

With the first method, you delete them, this takes no RAM but is unsafe, if you lose your backups, with the second method, you just disable the theme to get back to the original state, but this takes RAM. I would suggest the first method to people using 2nd gen hardware or wanting to have as much free RAM as possible and the second method to people not thinking about RAM or having 3rd gen hardware (or 4th gen, if iPhone 4 jailbreak gets released..?).
    Last edited by son geta1; 07-16-2010 at 07:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I cannot make my themes to show proper dock icons. They show up a few pixels up from their ordinary position. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aggelos81 View Post
    I cannot make my themes to show proper dock icons. They show up a few pixels up from their ordinary position. Any suggestions on that?
    You have to delete 2 files.. In Bundles/com.apple.springboard DELETE SBDockBG and SBDockBG1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey dude can i ask what theme that is your using, i like the transparent icons.
    Last edited by foster182; 12-11-2010 at 04:59 AM.