Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FaceTime on iPhone 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Works for me 100% tested it with the facetime on my mac and my iphone is runnig 4.1 You have to be on 4.1 for it to work right.Remove all camera mods install the facetime then put that camera mods back
    Last edited by cocoabean772; 11-10-2010 at 08:26 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cocoabean772 For This Useful Post:

mastrbaggins (11-09-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by kofi1990 View Post
    For 3g support you ned to install FaceBreak

You can get it for 1.49 on cydia.
    We don't discuss pirated apps on modmyi. Please edit your post.
    Last edited by Stray; 11-09-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahaninja32 View Post
    We don't discuss pirated apps on modmyi. Please edit your post.

now you have to edit my quote in your post

Default so the conclusion
    ok so the conclusion of all this is facetime works for iphone 3gs 4.1.. if yes how... if how where can we get that file can someone upload how

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabean772 View Post
    Works for me 100% tested it with the facetime on my mac and my iphone is runnig 4.1 U have to be on 4.1 for it to work right and remove and camera mods install the facetime then put that camera mods back
    THANK YOU!!!
    that was quite annoying finding all the camera mods but it WORKED! thanks alot!

I'll ask this again...why no 3G support and just 3GS?

Iphone 3g doesnt do video by default im guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by kofi1990 View Post
    now you have to edit my quote in your post
    There just edited it

Grrrrr... something seriously went wrong on the removal. after my reboot i get the swirl counter on top of the apple logo and now my phone freezes mid reboot....every time damn, i really dont want to restore. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Neflheim View Post
    Grrrrr... something seriously went wrong on the removal. after my reboot i get the swirl counter on top of the apple logo and now my phone freezes mid reboot....every time damn, i really dont want to restore. Thoughts?
    That happened to me before and the only result was to restore. Sorry dude I think that's your only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahaninja32 View Post
    That happened to me before and the only result was to restore. Sorry dude I think that's your only option.
    Happened to me also. Installed on my 3gs 4.1 via cydia yesterday morning and was able to place a "Facetime" call to a buddy in Europe! I then went back to the repo and saw there was an update (-1) to Face-it, so, I upgraded but upon reboot my phone froze on the reboot logo!! After a restore I was able to reload the upgraded face-it and place "Facetime" calls again.

Quote Originally Posted by HBDude View Post
    Happened to me also. Installed on my 3gs 4.1 via cydia yesterday morning and was able to place a "Facetime" call to a buddy in Europe! I then went back to the repo and saw there was an update (-1) to Face-it, so, I upgraded but upon reboot my phone froze on the reboot logo!! After a restore I was able to reload the upgraded face-it and place "Facetime" calls again.
    can some one explain what camera mods to uninstall please

The camera mods normaly uninstall automaticly , word of warning guys it worked fine for me for a day then next day it had disapeared from the settings menu but showed as installed in cydia so i uninstalled once and put it back on and it wouldnt activate so i did it again and still no activation, lock sounds stoped working even though there set to on and volume was up and vibrate stopped working all together then all my apps from inside my folders that use folder enhancer came out the folders so i had to restore, its having issues off some sorts so tread carefully.

Thanks

Ok here's my faceit story.

sunday i installed this, couldn't get it to work so i had to uninstall. got the apple logo frozen with the loading circle.

restored, then installed faceit 1st from cydia, and now it worked. i facetimed my cousin who has iphone 4, and facetimed wife and daughter on my wife's 3GS. it was great.

so now i went back and enabled the HD video recorder Enable HD Video Recording on iPhone 3GS [Jailbreak Required] | Redmond Pie and my facetime was completely gone. so i was weary of uninstalling it as i didn't want to go thru a whole restore-rejailbreak-recustomize process again.

so using my wife's 3GS, i got the SD camera files from the link above, and SSHd it back into my 3GS to have the standard camera on mine.

Facetime came back on the phone, but failed twice in call. so i went to phone settings, when i switch Facetime to off, then on. now it says Waiting for activation... seemingly forever. now, in a call, the facetime icon is not there now. Hold icon is there. tried rebooting, everything. still waiting for activation.

understandably, i don't want to uninstall this, as i dont want to crash again. anyone have a fix for this? I'd much rather have facetime than HD recording, if the 2 can't peacefully co-exist.

its saying waiting for activation.... how do i activate it?
    and im on tmobile...
    Last edited by 360psp; 11-11-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

still waiting for activation.... anyone know why in Cydia this package doesn't give you a reinstall option?? only has remove.

i removed it, instead of using the reboot button, i used the power button, and the phone rebooted fine.. but only thing is, as a user above mentioned, my lock and unlock sounds don't play. vibrate does work though, both on loud and silent. reinstalled faceit, and it seems to work now. but i have no lock/unlock sounds!!
    Last edited by patoons; 11-11-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 360psp View Post
    its saying waiting for activation.... how do i activate it?
    and im on tmobile...
    Check to see if your phone number under settings->phone has a +1 at the beginning for the country code (FaceTime server is out of the USA)

For tmobile 3GS facetimers...
    Has anybody tried using mitime on a 3GS? I am afraid to buy it and find out it's not compatible with the 3GS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eaferrari24 View Post
    For tmobile 3GS facetimers...
    Has anybody tried using mitime on a 3GS? I am afraid to buy it and find out it's not compatible with the 3GS.
    i dont know about that package particularly, but a lot of them have trial periods

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    i dont know about that package particularly, but a lot of them have trial periods
    Naw this one doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by eaferrari24 View Post
    Naw this one doesn't
    how does it work i tried to install it from cydia every time i do it it installs but when i go in to settings its not there i go back in cydia and its not istalled it just wont install what do i have to do for it to work any help please

22. The Following User Says Thank You to slim009 For This Useful Post:

legacy_305 (01-23-2011)

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast