Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Multitasking Toggle?

Lightbulb Multitasking Toggle?
    hello everyone!

i havent posted here much at all or in a very long time and I just had a great thought.

IOS 4 just came out and loads of us have upgraded to discover to our dismay that you need to jailbreak to unlock Multitasking and background wallpaper on an ipod touch 2g/iphone 3g.

I have done so and have not really noticed a significant drop in memory when multitasking on my ipod touch 2g.

However...

I want to be able to very quickly turn multitasking on and off with an sbsettings toggle. I have no clue how to program in any language apart from very basic C++ and basic HMTL (both of those were a part of a school curriculum thing). So i am turning to the ModMyI community to see if they can make my dream come true!

if anyone can either:
    1) make the toggle themselves
    2) direct me to a toggle that already exists that i can use
    3) make the toggle and give me the "he thought of it" credit.

thank you very much.

Thanks

I'm not sure, but I cant imagine that someone creates a toogle for multitasking..
    For what? A button who will pressed two times in his lifetime?

You can simply switch Multitasking to on or off with editing just one file.

Lock at my post here (#7):
    multitasking on 3G

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup the n82AOP or summin can't quite remember but I see where he's coming from, with file not working atm you can't do it on the go lol

its not just that.... really its the fact that i want to be able to easily disable or enable it at a moments notice without having to muck around in ifile

BTW ifile is supposed to be fixed sometime this weekend. If not, just set the system date to march 18th 2010...

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2065 View Post
    its not just that.... really its the fact that i want to be able to easily disable or enable it at a moments notice without having to muck around in ifile

BTW ifile is supposed to be fixed sometime this weekend. If not, just set the system date to march 18th 2010...
    lol thanks i didnt know when it was getting an update, does changing the system date REALLY work???

Default 2 apps
    ztoggle can toggle wallpaper and multitasking, but you have to respring after each selection, and it isn`t on the springboard sbsettings either, just a regular icon

iOS4 multitask toggler works too... have to access from winterboard, and can`t set it to work form springboard as far as i know...

this uses backgrounder and the native apple front end to enable multitasking, kind of like the old proswitcher (not being updated for 4.2.1)

[ame=http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304022][HOW TO] Pro Switcher Alternative in iOS4 - iFans - iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch Fans forums[/ame]

same as proswitcher, but with a different "face", if you will....

that link didn`t work.... damn

Search for

Pro Switcher Alternative in iOS4

on ifans dot com

uses the apple frontend and the backgrounder "guts"

damn good idea
    uses
    Last edited by windchild; 02-14-2011 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost