Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: lets theme 4.0!!

  1. #1
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Lightbulb how to theme 4.0!!
    we have merged this thread with another which was very similiar, please add HELPFUL comments to that thread, thankyou
    http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ming-tips.html
    MaxxyBoii

    i have managed to do this so far without winterboard!!

    heres a few pics showing a few customizations, i made the folder icon clear however ther are two shadow images i need to change one on springboard and one on dock. and also the inside od the folder, i just used images i had to hand though as its midnight and cba till tmz..
    it also looks like the inside of the folders is the same image as the multitask dock (fourth picture), shame because i was gna use the actual dock icon
    heres the directory for the images: //System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

    update: i think apple have embedded the shadow images somewhere becaues i have looked high and low and cant see them which is annoying.
    i have made a nice lil apple folder icon see fifth picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0010-copy.jpg   -img_0011-copy.jpg   -img_0012-copy.jpg   -img_0013.jpg   -img_0020.jpg  
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 06-27-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: MOVED

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

    kuhndsn (06-24-2010)

  3. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    Default Theme IOS4
    So far I have managed to create this theme for IOS4. The only issue I am having is the mobilephonepackedimages.artwork file is not accepting some images. I am needing the original IOS4 mobilephonepackedimages.artwork file to see where the problem is. I made a mistake and deleted over the original file when I uploaded the file I edited. Dumb move I know for not backing up the original.

    If someone can send me the file I would appreciate it! It would save me a few hours.

    Thanks... Also If someone likes my working theme I can send it to you... (Yup I am a huge MotoGp fan and yup Rossi is the Doc... lol

    Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1057.png   -img_1058.png   -img_1059.png   -img_1060.png   -img_1061.png  
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 06-24-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added Image

  4. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    very nice not sure where that .artwork is but will have a gander now..
    damn iFile isnt workin, need to update iFunbox quickly...

    ok so what do you use to pack/unpack these files?
    and what themeable images are in them? no theme i have used has used these...
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 06-24-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

    kuhndsn (06-24-2010)

  6. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    very nice not sure where that .artwork is but will have a gander now..
    damn iFile isnt workin, need to update iFunbox quickly...

    ok so what do you use to pack/unpack these files?
    and what themeable images are in them? no theme i have used has used these...
    Its located in applications/mobilephone.app/MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork I use iPhone explorer to extract and upload files. I also use Adobe photoshop to edit. For extraction of .artwork files there are several ways. here is a link for one. Extract .artwork files

    DK

    For the themeable imagesin mobileiphone..... is basically all images for the dialer.

    I see you are from Cambridge... I spent several vacations there. I lived in EU for 17 yrs and now back in the US (texas). Boy do I miss those Cadbury Button chocolates...!!!

    Cheers

    DK
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 06-24-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    oh and heres that .artwork file how do you unpack them??

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

    kuhndsn (06-24-2010)

  9. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    lol just saw your above comment yup cambridge has changed alot recetly, alot more shops and yes cadburies buttons are the PENG!!!

    (you may not know what "peng" is, it just means really really nice lol)

    oh and any chance you can give me the FolderSwitcherBg image please?
    i managed to lose the original somehow... its directory is at the top of this thread
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 06-24-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

    kuhndsn (06-24-2010)

  11. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    LOL Thank for the translation... :-)

    here is the file you asked for.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  12. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    thanks alot i never managed to unpack i kept gettin errors lol i dont really need the images in the artwork files anyway...
    thanks for your help!

    i dont seem to be able to open that file for some reason..
    is there any chance you can just upload it as an image please?
    btw i couldnt upload pngs on here so u may need to save it as a jpg =]
    if you can this would be great!
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 06-24-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #9
    Has anyone found a way to modify the ugly black shadow in the dock and multi-task tray icons? My theme uses smaller icons so they look like theyre sitting inside a black icon in the dock and multi-task tray.

    Also, looks like you can't put StatusBar.png on the root of your theme anymore to theme the status bar. Any ideas how to do this?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by kabamodern; 06-24-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  14. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    Has anyone found a way to modify the ugly black shadow in the dock and multi-task tray icons? My theme uses smaller icons so they look like theyre sitting inside a black icon in the dock and multi-task tray.

    Also, looks like you can't put StatusBar.png on the root of your theme anymore to theme the status bar. Any ideas how to do this?

    Thanks!
    The shadow is due to your image size being incorrect. You can fix this by lowering the pixels in photoshop and saving the image as a png. For the statusbar and a plethora of other themed items you will have to find the new location of the statusbar.png apple moved some of the files around/folder extensions. everything is still editable you just have to find the new location on the phone.

    DK

  15. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    The shadow is due to your image size being incorrect. You can fix this by lowering the pixels in photoshop and saving the image as a png. For the statusbar and a plethora of other themed items you will have to find the new location of the statusbar.png apple moved some of the files around/folder extensions. everything is still editable you just have to find the new location on the phone.

    DK
    Thanks for the reply.

    Are you referring to my icon image size being incorrect? I'm using the Suave theme, and have changed nothing. The dock displayed without the shadow on 3.1.2 - did Apple change this in 4.0? If so, are you saying I need to edit the icon size to match the stock Apple icons or....?

    And also, did you happen to find the StatusBar.png? I've been looking but cannot find it...

    Thanks!
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  16. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    Are you referring to my icon image size being incorrect? I'm using the Suave theme, and have changed nothing. The dock displayed without the shadow on 3.1.2 - did Apple change this in 4.0? If so, are you saying I need to edit the icon size to match the stock Apple icons or....?

    And also, did you happen to find the StatusBar.png? I've been looking but cannot find it...

    Thanks!
    IconDarkeningOverlay
    SwitcherIconShadow
    You need to edit these two images so they fit the icon set you are using. They are located in System/Library/Coreservices/Springboard.app
    EDIT: WallpaperIconDockShadow, WallpaperIconDockShadowT
    These need to be edited as well, they are located in the same place.
    Last edited by enzom21; 06-24-2010 at 08:33 PM.

  17. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by enzom21 View Post
    IconDarkeningOverlay
    SwitcherIconShadow
    You need to edit these two images so they fit the icon set you are using. They are located in System/Library/Coreservices/Springboard.app
    EDIT: WallpaperIconDockShadow, WallpaperIconDockShadowT
    These need to be edited as well, they are located in the same place.
    Perfect! That fixed it!

    Any ideas on the StatusBar.png location?

    Thanks again!
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  18. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    i dont think anyone has found the statusbar as of yet.. i cant find it anyway.
    when im home ill get iFunbox to search my whole phone for it...
    has anyone noticed how the old style dock is still in the filesystem? you would have thought they would have deleted it or at least let you switch between the two lol

  19. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    i dont think anyone has found the statusbar as of yet.. i cant find it anyway.
    when im home ill get iFunbox to search my whole phone for it...
    has anyone noticed how the old style dock is still in the filesystem? you would have thought they would have deleted it or at least let you switch between the two lol
    Wow - I just spent an hour searching for it. I seriously cannot find it, though I did it manually so I probably missed it. I also cannot find how to theme the HUD.

    Also, the Info.plist in the root of the theme, the traditional:

    <key>BadgeStyle</key>

    Anything I put there within <string></string> doesn't hold...

    Frustrating...

    Just used iFunBox to search entire filesystem for StatusBar.png

    Only results were the ones in my themes...Wow, they must have changed the name??
    Last edited by kabamodern; 06-25-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

  20. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    Wow - I just spent an hour searching for it. I seriously cannot find it, though I did it manually so I probably missed it. I also cannot find how to theme the HUD.

    Also, the Info.plist in the root of the theme, the traditional:

    <key>BadgeStyle</key>

    Anything I put there within <string></string> doesn't hold...

    Frustrating...

    Just used iFunBox to search entire filesystem for StatusBar.png

    Only results were the ones in my themes...Wow, they must have changed the name??
    sounds like they have changed the name the only way now (unless they really have taken the piss and packed it into a .artwork file!!) would be to type ".png" (without quotations) into ifunbox and let it search... it will most likely take a while for all results to appear but its the only way lol..
    will be home later tonyte so ill have something on it up here by tmz morning..

  21. #17
    I'm having the same problem! Can't find that root Status Bar image! Annoying me so much. If anyone finds it let me know please.
    Kind Regards to all.

  22. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by enzom21 View Post
    IconDarkeningOverlay
    SwitcherIconShadow
    You need to edit these two images so they fit the icon set you are using. They are located in System/Library/Coreservices/Springboard.app
    EDIT: WallpaperIconDockShadow, WallpaperIconDockShadowT
    These need to be edited as well, they are located in the same place.
    OMFG Thank You!!!! That was really getting annoying!

  23. #19
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    ok im pretty sure now that the status bar is built with code, i have found no statusbar image anywhere (and i havnt just been looking for a StatusBar.png!) i even unpacked a few artwork files i found and still nothing. looks like were out of luck peepz
    I MAY BE WRONG SO DONT GIVE UP YET LOL

  24. #20
    how do u unpack 4.0 shared.artwork file or any of the other 4.0 packed image files? I know how to do it on 3.1 but not 4.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •