Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Skinning Help

Default App Skinning Help
    Im not sure if anyone can help me with this but if anyone knows itd be great!

Iv jail-broken my iphone and recently have gotten in to skinning some of the apps i have downloaded off the appstore. Iv usually used two methods to modify the graphics of my apps. I either SSH on to the phone and get the graphics, or simply view the package contents of the original .IPA modify them, then install the app.

My real question is, in some apps (such as the bebot robot synth) the graphics show up just fine, as .png files with actual content in them. However with other apps, the .png files are empty masks, with no actual graphic content. This is not just some layer that is meant to be invisible, because literally every graphic in the app is transparent when i try to view them on my computer. They appear completely fine on the iphone however.

Does anyone know why this is? is there any application for mac or windows i could use to convert these images to be able to view them? is there some secret way the developers of said apps have hidden the graphics in another location? thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this!

Perhaps the images were previously optimised for summerboard styles. Yoou can download free apps from Cydia that will reconvert the images to png files after they have been optimised. Do a google search for " convert optimised summerboard to png" you will find what you're looking for