+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.1.3. Boot screen & keyboard ?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey pirates I have a 3GS JB'd w/ Spirit running 3.1.3 I have a couple of quickies: 1: Has a workaround for the bootscreen been found yet ? I know
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3GS 3.1.3. Boot screen & keyboard ?
    Hey pirates

I have a 3GS JB'd w/ Spirit running 3.1.3

I have a couple of quickies:

1: Has a workaround for the bootscreen been found yet ? I know JB'ing from scratch is possible, but considering I busted her open with Spirit, is it at all known whether I can avoid a complete refresh and modify the boot logo without rejailbreaking?

2: I have only found a couple of keyboard themes that work with 3.1.3, and unfortunately they are nowhere near the pick of the bunch- I am looking for a black/dark/dirty keyboard theme that WORKS on my gear. Any ideas ?

Cheers.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Err in case your not aware you can only theme kb's with special apps like iaccess which let's face it are not exactly amazin.. If u did know that alredi then.
    Get a complete theme which works on ur idevice. Then get one you like but is not compatible. Then change the picture names and file directories as appropriate...
    I'm not 100% sure this will work but I don't see why not
    hope I helped =]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Maxxy

Thanks for the reply mate- I did use Iaccess for a bit but it didnt change the world did it? I will just manually build a skin, I was just hoping someone might have unlocked the secret by now- but unfortunately the further we get into OS4 the more unlikely we are to see much new for 3.1.3

Thanks again.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

thats ok.. can i ask what app you use now if it isnt iaccess? i didnt mind iaccess too much, the only problem were things like if your on the number keyboard and press space it doesnt flick back to the letter one like usual and (i think) there was no auto capitilastion, oh and the serious RAM drainage. but other than that it was awsome lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I just uninstalled IAccess in the end and am running stock shoes. And hating it mate. I am just going to create something I think, although I have been putting it off because as a designer I HATE working with Apple files- and have gotten quite lazy doing projects from scratch for clients which only require a single canvas and a million layers !
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.