+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone is disabled- connect to itunes - I can't beleive there is NO answer anywhere!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I got my daughter an iPhone 3g about 2 weeks ago. Already she has managed to mess it up. From what I read either she, or one of her friends,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone is disabled- connect to itunes - I can't beleive there is NO answer anywhere!
    I got my daughter an iPhone 3g about 2 weeks ago. Already she has managed to mess it up. From what I read either she, or one of her friends, entered the wrong passcode to many times. She says she did it, and kept trying the passcode she knew it was, but it wouldn't work. Here are the details:
    It is an Iphone 3g with 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit. I jailbroke it myself, and changed the root password myself, and thus I know it. The wifi settings for my house are already stored in it, and it DOES connect to my home wifi (Sometimes). When I get it to connect I am able to ssh into the phone and do as I please with the filesystem. The problem is, that the ONLY so-called solution I have found is to delete a files in private/var/keychains and just deleting that file doesn't work.
    Ideally (and it will be quite hard to convince me that with full root access, I can't do it) I need to re-enable it, and delete the passcode. One more thing of note, iClarified password policy has been installed on the device. It is a policy that allows longer alpha numeric passcodes.

So, how do I do this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

From the apple support section all you need to do is a restore

Thanks

Yea restore is the easiest to do. No real way to retrive the passcode that I know of.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The best I can say is "iPhone browser" will do for you. You can find it free on the web... but itís only good for replacing, renaming, and adding - cant really change permission and all that. But there is a solution for that to, in cydia "ifile" app, very good! Its a paid app but worth it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnnylovescookies's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hadzo View Post
    The best I can say is "iPhone browser" will do for you. You can find it free on the web... but itís only good for replacing, renaming, and adding - cant really change permission and all that. But there is a solution for that to, in cydia "ifile" app, very good! Its a paid app but worth it!
    Dude what are you talking about?
    That didnt help him at all.
    As he stated he is able to ssh into the phone
    Summer Wish-List
    Unlock 3G 3.1.3, 5.12.01 []
    Get a red backplate for my 3g []

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

if you go to var/stash/applications/preferences and fing passcode lock.plist i believe you can change the value in their
    hope i helped =]