Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you change the "carrier" to a logo?

Default How do you change the "carrier" to a logo?
    How do I change the "AT&T" text at the top of my iphone to a logo?
    If anyone can me link to a tutorial, tyvm.

If you have winterboard, there are themes that change the logo. Try downloading one of those themes and looking at the contents inside the .theme folder located under /var/mobile/stash/Themes.xxxx/ You can make ur own by replacing whatever is inside probably.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

using iFile, funbox or SSH, go to system/library/carrier bundles/(whatever carrier your on e.g. O2_UK.bundle) you will see a default and FSO logo, copy them onto your computer for backups. make the images you want the right size (youll have to see the size of the originals for that), rename them so one is FSO_CARRIER_O2_UK and the other one with Default at the start.
    if you want a theme with these in so you can easily turn back to original then...
    create theme, in root of the theme create Bundles/com.apple.springboard/put the pics in here and apply theme ( i think that is the right directory i dont actually have my phone on me so i cannot check)
    hope i helped =]
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 05-23-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: TYPOs

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You can use makeitmine from Cydia if you just want to change the text to another text carrier ie your name. If you want an image you will have to either ssh it into the phone or download one you like in Cydia.

If you are not jailbroken, you can also achieve this by modifying an .ipcc file.