+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing SMS tones without winterboard

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is there a way i can change SMS tones without winterboard? I've heard winterboard can slow the iphone down significantly so i wanted to remove it and see how it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Changing SMS tones without winterboard
    Is there a way i can change SMS tones without winterboard? I've heard winterboard can slow the iphone down significantly so i wanted to remove it and see how it performs but id still enjoy custom sms tones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Access your phone via SSH or iPhone browser and go to System/Library/Audio/UISounds in there you will find .caf files named “sms-received1” through “sms-received6”. Number 4 is the Horn sound. The easiest way would be to make your own sms.caf file (or download one form this site) then rename it to “sms-received4” (without quotes). Reboot or respring your phone, go to setting/sounds on your phone, instead of horn you will hear your custom SMS sound.

If you want more than one sound just repeat the steps above with the rest of original .caf files.

DON’T FORGET TO BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL SMS-RECEIVED4 FILE, if you don’t when replaced with your custom one it will be gone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hnic247's Avatar
    Thanks

U kno how the SMS custom just keeps playing does anybody kno how to make it stop by pressing the volume button like regular custom ringtones?