Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about video recording

Default Question about video recording
    First off, sorry if this is the wrong area. I am new here.

I am wondering if anyone knows a way that I could record videos in the background. I have tried using backgrounder on multiple recording apps, but none have worked. Either the video will just stop recording and save to the photo library (the built in camera app in this case) or it will just keep recording what is on the screen at the time, not what the camera sees (the case with most of the downloadable camera apps).

So I was wondering if someone knew any way around this problem, whether it be some change to the actual app's code to keep it recording or some other app I do not know of.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Joe Cool 58; 05-17-2010 at 08:25 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cycorder will do that, you can find it in Cydia. Basically after starting the recording press home button, you will see little REC on side of it's icon that indicates that it's still recording.

Cycorder does not work with the 3GS. At least not mine. As soon as I open it, it closes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sorry had no idea you were on 3GS... in that case no, there isn't anything out there yet... at least not to my knoledge.

Yeah sorry. I probably should have mentioned that. Well does anyone have any last minute ideas? I need to know by tomorrow if this will work.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

whenever i try and close cycorder whilst recording the REC bubbles there but when i open it agen it says saving video, i try click on the video and it is corrupt.. says "this video format is not supported..