+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH Commands

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPod Touch 2G running the 3.1.3 firmware jailbroken with Spirit. I've recently installed OpenSSH and have been trying it out with Putty on my Windows machine. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SSH Commands
    I have an iPod Touch 2G running the 3.1.3 firmware jailbroken with Spirit. I've recently installed OpenSSH and have been trying it out with Putty on my Windows machine. I don't any commands and the help list isn't too helpful. Is there a list of SSH commands for the iPhone anywhere and if there isn't could someone write one up? Just a simple one. Nothing too complex. Thanks for the help in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can install various ssh commands via Cydia. Most of which actually have decent descriptions. That means there isn't really a complete list of commands because it depends on what you have installed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You will need to install commands from Cydia packages. Different packages contain different sets of commands. In Cydia, search for "cmds" without the quotes around it. This will list all of the packages with iPhone commands that are available.

If any really really really smart devs read this, I'd like to know if there is a way to use a Terminal command to make the iPhone talk (you can use "say Hello there" on a Mac). If not, could this "say" command be ported to the iPhone somehow?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwaave View Post
    You will need to install commands from Cydia packages. Different packages contain different sets of commands. In Cydia, search for "cmds" without the quotes around it. This will list all of the packages with iPhone commands that are available.

If any really really really smart devs read this, I'd like to know if there is a way to use a Terminal command to make the iPhone talk (you can use "say Hello there" on a Mac). If not, could this "say" command be ported to the iPhone somehow?
    Because Mobile Terminal is just a terminal emulator, pretty much any command you use has been ported from somewhere else. To my knowledge, a "say" cmd doesn't exist for the Mobile Terminal yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh its just an emulator? I didn't know that... Any idea on how to port a command? (Or is that way too advanced?)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think it is simply (or not) a matter of designing a command with the toolchain.