Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Really easy question for you guys that I cant figure out (I hope)

Default Really easy question for you guys that I cant figure out (I hope)
    I am having major problems with Cydia... Well, nothing with Cydia itself but with the installation of things....

(Let me give you some quick quick background info) I have installed, from xSellize's repo, that libactivator or whatever it is called...

For some reason, for the last week or 2, cydia is now trying to install it from BigBoss (I believe. I am not looking at my phone, so I dont remember exactly which one)...

The problem is, I cant uninstall the xSellize one, because every time I do the BigBoss version is in the queue... I cannot clear it out of the queue, as, like I said, it want to install every time I open Cydia. Restarting my phone does nothing, and, obviously like I said, I cant uninstall the other one, because it tries to install the new version first, and it fails to uninstall because it "Cannot overwrite XXX-XXX-xxx.deb"

What do I do?????!?!? I have posted in other forums and no one seems to have a freakin' clue!

Thanks guys, cause I know you are going to help me out....

perma-banned for life
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,590 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tondog View Post
    I am having major problems with Cydia... Well, nothing with Cydia itself but with the installation of things....

(Let me give you some quick quick background info) I have installed, from xSellize's repo, that libactivator or whatever it is called...

For some reason, for the last week or 2, cydia is now trying to install it from BigBoss (I believe. I am not looking at my phone, so I dont remember exactly which one)...

The problem is, I cant uninstall the xSellize one, because every time I do the BigBoss version is in the queue... I cannot clear it out of the queue, as, like I said, it want to install every time I open Cydia. Restarting my phone does nothing, and, obviously like I said, I cant uninstall the other one, because it tries to install the new version first, and it fails to uninstall because it "Cannot overwrite XXX-XXX-xxx.deb"

What do I do?????!?!? I have posted in other forums and no one seems to have a freakin' clue!

Thanks guys, cause I know you are going to help me out....
    i had the same problem with intelliscreen the other day , and it wanted me to install a different one , so what i did is add the cracked version to the queue to remove , and it should show , remove intelliscreen and underneath install intelliscreen (well for me anyway) so i hit confirm , it removed the cracked version , and installed the other version , then you go back and remove the new version it installed , and reinstall the cracked version and it should be fine.

Thats where the problems lie for me...

For me, it gives the Dowloading...Disk Using blah blah.....

Underneath it wants to install libactivator first, then uninstall the old one and that isnt letting me do it...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

i suggest u remove that repo as we dont talk bout crack warez website
    but removing the repo should fix it too
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 01-25-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

How would removing wither bigboss or xsellize solve my problem? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

just try it
    remove the xs repo and then remove the lib activator from their repo after u remove the xselliz repo
    and i suggest u dont reinstasll it

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Obviously I'm not talking about cracked thing because the bigboss repo has it. ;-p

either way it didn't work. I'm gonna manually remove bigboss then go from there.