+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is there a way to require a password whenever you turn off the phone?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is there a way to require a password whenever you turn off the phone. I've already had one iphone stolen so im trying to get the safest setup on my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default is there a way to require a password whenever you turn off the phone?
    is there a way to require a password whenever you turn off the phone. I've already had one iphone stolen so im trying to get the safest setup on my phone. I'm getting cylay and password protecting my settings to keep them from turning off the gps, but like before they can just turn the thing off and wipe it at thier house. is there a way to password protect your iphone when it's turning off?

btw this is my first thread so im still kinda new to this, am i in the wrong place?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,146 Posts

goto settings>General>Passcode Lock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

naw, I mean password protecting the phone booting off. that password protects the phone from displaying the spring board. and getting into the phone. the person could still boot off the phone until near a computer then put the phone in dfu mode and and clear all the data. i want it to stay on the whole time so as soon as i notice its gone i can gps the phone from cylay or if its close make an alarm go off so i can hear it. i can't do any of that if its off.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As I recall, Cylay has a feature which prevents the user from turning the phone off when you declare the phone as stolen.