+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing Icon Names in 3.0

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
1) i simply can't figure out what the actual icon name for Star Wars: Trench Run is. i want to change the icon (to the ielegance theme) and can't seem
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Changing Icon Names in 3.0
    1) i simply can't figure out what the actual icon name for Star Wars: Trench Run is. i want to change the icon (to the ielegance theme) and can't seem to figure out what it's called. i've used every conceivable combination words together, with spaces and without and even (at least on my phone) it looks like StarWars:Trench... after which i added an additional .png. anyone know what the actual name that shows up is?

2) been trying to use a cydia app RENAME to change the names of the legit app but it doesn't work for me. i'm using a jailbroken 3GS 3.0 firmware.

can anyone help. simply i just wanna change icon names. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,514 Times in 5,841 Posts

Press the icon, make it wiggle. press delete, a window will come up confirming the delete and will also show you the exact way the app is named, then cancel.

Thanks

thanks. that worked perfectly for trench run. BUT both leonard maltin's film guide AND empire film guide are both called Film Guide. any options to change one or the other so i can differentiate the icons? i'm using barsoverbeets, ielegance icons.

Thanks

yes you can use Rename II and it should work with all apps including appstore apps

Thanks

there must be a conflict with another app because i just can't make it work no matter how often i re-install it. now that the trench war app is solved. i need to some how differentiate the two movie guides leonard maltin and empire guide. both are called exactly the same thing. i really need to change the name and icon to know which is which