+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories App Not Working Now

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Had it on my 3GS for couple months, all great, loved it. Now got an update (I guess) and when I open "catagories" folder it acts as a brand new
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Categories App Not Working Now
    Had it on my 3GS for couple months, all great, loved it. Now got an update (I guess) and when I open "catagories" folder it acts as a brand new install, none of the folders I already made show up so I can add/remove apps to the folders.

What happened and please tell me in idiot terms how to fix this....LOL

I got cat folders with apps in them and no way to add/remove or delete them.

SJ

Green Apple
    Thanks

The Categories App is no longer available on Cydia either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

What are u talking about. Yes it is.

Dude ur rite I just checked in cydia and it's gone from the bigboss repo. Wonder why
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 01-23-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL, I wonder why they removed it. I accidentally removed it the other day and found out it was no longer available in Cydia. Is there any other way to get it again?

To get your apps back just go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable then Disable.

Just checked again it's back in Cydia.
    Last edited by GoldStar; 01-24-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Hide/Unhide icons
    The thing categories uses to hide the icons on your springboard (I believe it's called libhide) is the same one SB Settings uses to do the same. SO if you have SB Settings installed, go into the "more" option and go the "hide icons" menu and unhide all of the icons that are in the categories folder(s) of which you speak. Once springboard resprings all of the icons should be back on your springboard. Hope this helps...