+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way to trick the iphone in to thinking we got 3.1.2?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hiya guys im new to the iphone world and im loving it Right ive done lots of nokia modding in the past easy stuff when it come to apple im
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Is there a way to trick the iphone in to thinking we got 3.1.2?
    Hiya guys im new to the iphone world and im loving it

Right ive done lots of nokia modding in the past easy stuff when it come to apple im soo lost

SO if anyone out there could help me out that will be great right ive got a iphone 3.0 jb and all working the way i like it right i didnt read the os spec bit on the app as i thought it would work on my iphone 3.0 so i payed for it went to install it on my iphone is wasnt there on the iphone springboard try again delete some other app nothing then i went back to the app on itunes to read more it say requires iphone os 3.1.2 or later WTF

Dont really wannt update and mess around so my idea is im sure there most be away to mod the iphone? as if someone already running 3.1.2 all we need to do is find were that info stored using ifunbox or somethink edit the info/txt file and job done iphone/itunes should see the iphone running 3.1.2?

It like windows msn live i dont like it and it wouldnt let me downgrade grr so i got the txt file of the new msn added it the old msn and now look im running msn 8.5 on windows 7

I hope you all unstand and thanks

as look at this app when u strip it a old app i stipped lol

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    <string>en</string>
    <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>DOND</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>dealornodeal</string>
    <key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
    <string>icon</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.iplay.DealOrNoDeal</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>DOND</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleResourceSpecification</key>
    <string>ResourceRules.plist</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>?</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    <key>DTPlatformName</key>
    <string>iphoneos</string>
    <key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>iphoneos2.0</string> SEE THERE IM SURE YOU CAN CHANGE IT
    <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
    <string>2.0</string>
    <key>SignerIdentity</key>
    <string>Apple iPhone OS Application Signing</string>
    Last edited by CrazyYen; 01-08-2010 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i can understand that you have things set up right and dont want to update, but there is a reason its 3.1.x only, new apis were added to the iphone. They wouldnt block 3.0 if it would work, and so fooling it wont help you because the app would just crash and foul up.

Your best bet is to upgrade to 3.1.2 which is jailbreakable, you can use something like pkgbackup or aptbackup to backup all the cydia apps you have installed.

but be careful when upgrading if you need unlock as the newest baseband is only unlockable by blacksn0w at present which is said to have some wifi issues, wheres a ownagetool upgrade will preserve your baseband so you can still install ultrasnow

3. The Following User Says Thank You to funy For This Useful Post:

CrazyYen (01-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cheers for that iw ill think about updating

as just edited the iphone pack now it install yey

Just need to find away now why wont the app stay open im sure that got to be a easy fix if not i will update

Thanks

You could use the cydia app "FWchanger". That will trick your idevice into thinking that it's on whatever firmware and build you want. It will not give you the new features of 3.1.2 but it will make it think that it is running it. Just be sure to write down the current firmware and build before changing it. 3.1.2 is the firmware and 7D11 is the build for the latest firmware version. But personally, I would just update the firmware to 3.1.2.
    Hope it helps!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can go to system/library/core serv then look at the plist in there and edit it with plist if your using windows