+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IBNyaffa Weather set up for members

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up IBNyaffa Weather set up for members
    Great YouTube vid. by IBNyaffa:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmUE5QAJUmQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmUE5QAJUmQ[/ame]

How to do this is easy if you watch a vid. on how to SSH using a program such as WinSCP and if you just go to YouTube and type this in (how to use WinSCP with my iPhone) it will show you exactly what to do. Also all this can be done, once you watch the vid. and install WinSCP on your computers desktop. You can get a free version of WinSCP by typing this into Google (free download of WinSCP by Cnet) and the place you need to go is (var/stash/Themes/'X' theme/or any theme/Private/ConfigurMe.js)

1-When you go to Yahooweather.com, you will type in your City/Province or State/Countryand hit O.K. Than
    when your location comes up it will show a code similar to the one below at the top of the page in the URL
    which is located at the very top of the page and will look similar to my code represented here >(CAXX0546) but you will not enter
    the (.html) part of the code.

2-You will than drag your mouse across the code as mentioned above and highlight it until it is a Blue color,
    than right click on it and hit Copy. Than you will go to the bottom area highlighted below and between the two
    'xxxxxxxx', you will enter the code there and go to the top of the page under (var/stash/Themes/'X'theme or
    other theme/Private/ConfigurMe.js
    ) and where you see the little image on the top left side of the page that
    looks like a small floppy disk you will hit that and Save it. Than a little window will pop up and will ask for your
    Password and it is (alpine), unless you have changed it.

3-The same as above applies for entering a code you receiver from Accuweather.com but the codes there are
    different, they look similar to my code represented here > (NAM|ON|WINDSOR) (which is mine). Do exactly the same as above and
    you will be good to go but remember to Respring after each of these steps and wait for the little (?) mark to go
    away and it will if you have followed my steps to a 'T'

// The location field should be a relatively machine-legible string
    // if using the default, Apple/AccuWeather parser (originally from Leopard's Weather.wdgt)
    var locale = ">CAXX0546<" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'

// Set to 'false' if you'd prefer Farenheit
    var isCelsius = true //true|false

// Use 'Real Feel' temperatures where possible, taking into account Wind Chill, Humidity etc.
    var useRealFeel = false //true|false

/*€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“ €“ €“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“ €“€“ €“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“ €“€ “€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€ “€“ €“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“ €“€“ €“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“*/
    //Enable Wallpaper and/or Lock Screen
    var enableWallpaper = true; //true|false
    var enableLockScreen = true; //true|false [Currently, it is suggested that the lockScreen is disabled.]

// Supplied styles are 'originalBubble', 'myopia', 'iconOnly' and 'split'.
    // (Add your own to the CSS folder!)
    var stylesheetWall = 'iCarbon' //'originalBubble'|'myopia'|'iconOnly'|'split'|'oneL ine'
    var stylesheetLock = 'IconOnly' //See above.

// The only supplied icon set is 'klear'
    // Images must follow the same naming schema as the 'springboard' set (borrowed from KWeather)
    var iconSetWall = 'springboard' //'springboard'|'Lockscreen'
    var iconExtWall = ".png" //'.png'|.'gif' etc.
    var iconSetLock = 'springboard' //See above.
    var iconExtLock = '.png' //See above.

/*€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“ €“ €“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“ €“€“ €“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“ €“€ “€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€ “€“ €“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“ €“€“ €“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“€“*/

// The other available source is 'yahooWeather' which for the 'locale'
    // requires a US zip or location code (e.g. UKXX0085 or CHXX0008) from Weather forecast, maps, news, alerts, and video on Yahoo! Weather
    var source = 'yahooWeather' //'appleAccuweatherStolen'|'yahooWeather'

// Please endeavour to set this to a sensible value if you really must change it...
    var updateInterval = 35 //Minutes

Thanks
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 02-27-2010 at 08:04 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheCrow13 For This Useful Post:

JZomega (08-14-2010), reaves205 (12-03-2010), Wilt (10-27-2010)

Thanks

Default Instructions
    Good video but the written instructions are badly written and very misleading...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shagratt71 View Post
    Good video but the written instructions are badly written and very misleading...
    Your not very helpful, if they are so misleading and badly written than why don't you explain. Many have used this and have no issues so maybe it is just you and you should be more specific with your issue, I have written it and the creator (IBNyaffa) has seen no issues with it?? Also many members that have had issues can not read because they actually enter my codes into their iPhone/iPod(LOL), when it is clearly written that they are (MY) codes
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 02-27-2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter-Crow1372

Thanks

Hi Crow,

I agree I should probably have given an expanation of the part I felt was abit misleading, so here goes:

If you follow the instructions to the letter, and I quote "Then you will go to the bottom area highlighted below and between the two 'xxxxxxxx', you will enter the code there". So if I was to do that I would end up with "var locale=CAX262131546X0646"
    as I have put the code between the two X's...?.

If I've missed something then I do apologise in advance, dispite everything I thank you for taking the time to write the documents.

Thanks

All through my post you will see that it says (MY CODE) so it goes to say that you will not enter any part of the (CAXX0546)because again I say it is (MINE), so for any member to include that part into their own that they find off either of the 2 weather code sites is just not using their head not to be rude If you follow exactly what I wrote and notice that I say over and over that the codes that are in the description are (MINE) than you should know better So you would just go to either weather code sites and highlight the code you find and than right click and than past it into your Configurme.js of your own theme, I find that I have sufficiantly explained over and over that the codes laid out are mine and not to be used with yours that it needs no more explaination and for anyone to use my code with their own is just rediculous. Sorry if you or anyone whom may read this finds it rude but it is just using your head and learning to read a document a few times before actually going through with it, that is why I don't understand what is misleading about any part of this post

The same as above applies for entering a code you receiver from Accuweather.com but the codes there are
    different, they look similar to my code represented here > (NAM|ON|WINDSOR) (which is mine)

Thanks

Wow....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Wow....
    What do you mean (WOW), don't you agree that if you read the post over atleast 2 times you can see that the codes do say that they are mine, that you obviously do (not) use them with the codes from the 2 weather code sites right? I think that it is very discriptive and many have used it and no issues, I just don't see that it is misleading and even IBNyaffa the creator did not see any thing in it that is misleading and he agrees with the way I wrote it out. So sorry if you take it in a rude way directed at you but it is written to not be misleading and that is why I put (My code/mine) in the posts, so you would not make any mistakes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello

Need your help, can't find code for Burlington, hope you can help

Thanks

Gord

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordo50 View Post
    Hello

Need your help, can't find code for Burlington, hope you can help

Thanks

Gord
    Buddy, I need more than that to get the code. You need to tell me the (City/State-Province/Country), that is what you need and you can type all that in yourself into the above weather sources So either look for yourself because it is easy, or just post what is needed and I will get it for ya

1-When you go to Yahooweather.com, you will type in your City/Province or State/Country and hit O.K

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Gentlemen

found it on weather.com, yahoo weather gave some wierd #, the code for Burlington on is 0050 in case anyone needs it

thanks

Gord

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

why is this a sticky.. its getting rather annoying..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macfan406 View Post
    why is this a sticky.. its getting rather annoying..

Who do you think you are and for your info., this is used and needed for many themes!! I can not believe the nerve you have to say this, IBNyaffa is a great person and has helped many members out with his work, I post this and the Mods. keep it up because of its usefullness to many! I hope you grow up or maybe you have a different meaning to your statement but the way it is written, it can only be taken in one way and if you don't use it or need to look at it go write you own and see if they will make you a Sticky

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post
    Who do you think you are and for your info., this is used and needed for many themes!! I can not believe the nerve you have to say this, IBNyaffa is a great person and has helped many members out with his work, I post this and the Mods. keep it up because of its usefullness to many! I hope you grow up or maybe you have a different meaning to your statement but the way it is written, it can only be taken in one way and if you don't use it or need to look at it go write you own and see if they will make you a Sticky
    sorry.. just wondering cause i was trying to keep up on a video recording thread and my eyes are automatically glued there
    i know he's great,and it is used for several themes, but if its that important it could be in some special section of MMi was all i was saying..

previously known as allizonanikon
    Thanks

i support u crow... btw i left this in the 'other' site forum... could ya help me out?

Whenever I use IBNyaffa's widgets in a theme on my springboard or on the lockscreen, a while after setting them up in winterboard when I receive a call there is no sound on either end and only a respring fixes it... I've narrowed it down to his widgets because I've done VERY extensive testing turning the widgets on and off and so on and so on... and it only happens when I apply his widgets... code it be something in his coding... also: it seems to have only happened since FW 3.0... 2.2.1 was fine I always used them... has anyone heard of this happening???.... pleassssseeeee help because I love his widgets... I PMed him but got nothing back

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

Wow, I have a headache. Crow I have been using ibnweather on just about every theme and have custmized it in many ways. But your intructions, though correct, just seem overwhelming, makes it look hard. Intimidating. If I didn't know better from using it alot and happened by this thread I would assume it is to much trouble and move on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How do I find IBNyaffa?

Thanks

Anyone use this on IOS 4 yet?

Thanks

Best. Thread. Ever. Mods, please sticky!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Best. Thread. Ever. Mods, please sticky!
    Thanks I did it for that purpose but I don't know why the Mods. of this site have not made it a Sticky because at the other site (Mac), they did make it a Sticky right away for me So Mods., please listen to this member above also hope it helped you out?

Thanks, TheCrow13

Thanks

Follow exactly what you wrote. Nothing is showing up for me.