+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Transfer apps with WinSCP?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have some apps on my pc that I want to transfer onto my girlfriends phone. Right now they are in my applications library. I tried to just sync them
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to Transfer apps with WinSCP?
    I have some apps on my pc that I want to transfer onto my girlfriends phone. Right now they are in my applications library. I tried to just sync them to her phone but then it says it will replace all her other apps. How come everything is always replaced during a sync. I dont understand why they cant just be "Added" . So unless anyone knows of a way around this I would like to know how to transfer them to her phone using WinSCP. Thanks guys

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

because apples DRM wont allow you to do that. its illegal. there are ways around it, but we cant discuss it on this forum. its against the rules.
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pwntbywombat View Post
    because apples DRM wont allow you to do that. its illegal. there are ways around it, but we cant discuss it on this forum. its against the rules.
    Ok so what if I want to add apps to my phone (say a trial app) and I dont want to re-sync all the other apps. How can I just add it?

Thanks

just download if from the app store...it will be faster. lol
    I made it ra1n...again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just download if from the app store...it will be faster. lol

I like to take things slow...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope I am ok to say this. U can go find the details out but look at a place called ******
    Last edited by Broomhead; 01-07-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks

oh my...thats a big no no. you cant talk about that here! lol
    I made it ra1n...again

ip3
    Thanks
    what about if i have an app or more in my iPhone that is no longer available through cydia and i would like to back it up on my pc how can i extract a full app onto my pc and or soon mac?
    i would like to do it for a cydia app so i don't think it would e as big as a problem for app store apps...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My bad I won't bring it up again lol sorry.

@ip3
    if it's from cydia there are plenty of arrivals how to transfer apps via winscp. But we can't talk about drm apps from store.

Thanks

if the app is a paid app on cydia, i wouldnt discuss copying it cause even though its not supported by apple, someone still made it and if you didnt pay for it..its still stealing. if its free on cydia, there are plenty of tutorials on installing cydia apps via ssh. but yeah, mentioning things that work around apples DRM = big no no on this forum.
    I made it ra1n...again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Look at this one on Modmyi
    HTML Code:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/native-iphone-ipod-touch-app-discussion/204981-installing-apps-via-winscp.html
    Oh my god, Brian your right, this movie does have all the answers to life. Kicking everything is the answer. <kick> ROADHOUSE! (Family Guy)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nofinga911 View Post
    Ok so what if I want to add apps to my phone (say a trial app) and I dont want to re-sync all the other apps. How can I just add it?
    You think your girl is gonna hang around? Considering you seem pretty cheap....
    To live, you have to lie

ip3
    Thanks
    if the app is a paid app on cydia, i wouldnt discuss copying it cause even though its not supported by apple, someone still made it and if you didnt pay for it..its still stealing. if its free on cydia, there are plenty of tutorials on installing cydia apps via ssh. but yeah, mentioning things that work around apples DRM = big no no on this forum.
    I totally agree with you but its for a number of free apps please link in the other threads for me that give step by step instruction, thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    ^^^LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seriously all u have to do is google transfer apps using winscp. The first result is perfect example just u don't need tunnel software cause u have openssh. Not being harsh just stating the fact. Sorry it it seems mean not trying to be.

Ok so all u do is connect winscp and goto applications fold from the root (/) an then transfer .app folder in there make sure folder permission is 755 and make it reculusive (check box in permissions window.) this is to be used by free non drm apps only. Even if the App was free in the app store it's still considered drm and they should download from their own iTunes account.
    Last edited by joblinger; 01-07-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to joblinger For This Useful Post:

ip3 (01-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I already had it and I want to copy it for myself, then thats not stealing. Same concept as making a copy of a software cd for your own personal use or backup.

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    LoL you got balls making an assumption about me like that. Number one my girl is the type of girl a guy like you would jerk off to. No2 I just told her to take a look at your post and she found it pretty amusing. No3 I am the total opposite of cheap, I spend money for fun, and if I can find a deal or get something cheaper obviously I am going to take that route, and if you don't understand that concept then you probably dont have much money yourself and in that case you might actually want to start being cheap. Last but not least number 4 why would you make a comment that has nothing at all whatsoever to do with my thread, an Iphone, or the forum altogether? The only reason I am responding to your post is because im in a good mood today and just felt like making you feel stupid. So thanks for the amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by joblinger View Post
    Seriously all u have to do is google transfer apps using winscp. The first result is perfect example just u don't need tunnel software cause u have openssh. Not being harsh just stating the fact. Sorry it it seems mean not trying to be.

Ok so all u do is connect winscp and goto applications fold from the root (/) an then transfer .app folder in there make sure folder permission is 755 and make it reculusive (check box in permissions window.) this is to be used by free non drm apps only. Even if the App was free in the app store it's still considered drm and they should download from their own iTunes account.
    Thanks a lot man that's exactly the kind of help I was looking for. Oh and I didn't think you were being mean lol. Good instructions, nice and simple, thanks so much.
    Last edited by nofinga911; 01-09-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost