Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fast application switching?

Question Fast application switching?
    I was wondering with all the cool tools and packages out there on the iPhone like stacks, "expose", categories, is there an application/hack that allows you to switch between applications while it's open, kinda like on a computer when hitting ALT+Tab button. I know there's the old dock option but is there something more specific like the above option i mentioned?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you can use backgrounder...but thats the only to background apps. as for switching between the apps, i believe thats what the springboard is for lol
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

Well if you put it that was most packages are useless as well! Overboard is useless too since you can switch between pages at the same speed by scrolling instead of doing it in two steps. In this case i already have background but i was wondering if there was something more practical that would allow you to tab between applications without leaving said app. I guess somewhat multi-tasking in a way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

palm pre? lol
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

What an ugly phone! The only good thing about it if you ask me. Dock i found was a good solution to app switching but really awkward to use. Swiping your finger on the side of the screen, sometimes hitting application icons instead.

You can use backgrounder and use kirikae (free), multifl0w ($5), or the soon to be released proswitcher (free)

I know kirikae allows you to add favorites to open when you load it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff181995 For This Useful Post:

BobbyW (12-22-2009)

That's great, exactly what i was looking for!

EDIT: This is great, ProSwitcher rocks! I made a double tap on the status bar open up the app and you don't even need to hold the home button pressed to put apps in backgrounding mode, it does it for you. Great app, really recommend it!
    Last edited by BobbyW; 12-22-2009 at 06:14 PM.