+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G camera issue when not in safe mode!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, i'm running into a little problem here and i'm running out of ideas on how to fix this. The problem is, i was messing around with my phone
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G camera issue when not in safe mode!
    Hey guys, i'm running into a little problem here and i'm running out of ideas on how to fix this. The problem is, i was messing around with my phone adding things like the video editor option so you can edit videos like on the 3Gs. Then i also added the "auto focus" option as well. Now i'm not sure why, but my camera when taking pictures doesn't save anything in the camera roll. When i boot up in safe mode it works just fine and i can take pictures regularly but it won't work on the normal mode. Any ideas what i can do or am i left with only the option to restore?

I've been doing a lot of google searches and i really seem to be the only one!
    How can i figure out what's causing this from my Springboard?
    Last edited by BobbyW; 12-20-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

because no one has perfected bringing the 3GS camera options to the 2G/3G. all hacks are at your own risk kinda thing and have varying results. just wait for blackra1nb0w, if and when it is released that will give you everything you are looking for. i would say, replace all your camera files with the originals. all else fails, restore.
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pwntbywombat For This Useful Post:

BobbyW (12-20-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice, but i figured it out. It wasn't even that causing the problem, it was the TVOut 2 Mirror package from Cydia that was somehow making my camera take pictures but not saving them to the camera roll. I removed it and installed the Landscape TV out option in Cydia instead and both have been playing very nice. It was cool having your springboard show up on the TV but the applications were somewhat laggy on my TV as with this new one, there's an On/Off toggle in the settings and it displays at proper speed.

Thankfully that was the problem since i didn't save my original M68 file!

PS: I recently upgraded to 3.1.2 from 2.2.1 since when i installed the mirror TV app mentioned above and it put my phone into an infinite restart loop. So guys beware that one, specially on older firmwares!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ive never played around with TV out or any of the 3GS camera options. too many people complain about their phone turning into an iPod touch, and im just not in the mood to deal with unstable mods. and at this rate, iPhone 3,1 will be out before blackra1nb0w, so i wont even have to worry about it. haha. How's the tv out work though, ive always been intrigued by the thought of my springboard on my television. lol
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

Green Apple
    Thanks

It was actually pretty cool if it wasn't for the fact it messed up my camera. I just went with the other option which works perfectly even when the toggle is set to ON. The only small issue i found was when i plugged it in the A/V cable to charge since it's also plugged in the AC, some apps you open them and you just see your wallpaper and the status bar, but that's due to the cable being connected to the TV. So no problem in other words, you should really test it out, i tried the game NOVA on my TV and it looked pretty cool, my friends thought it was an old game on a console at first.

Thanks

Hi, TVOut2 seems to interact with the camera app somehow. The good news is once you have turned TVOut2 off if you respring the camera roll will then work fine. I've added this to the release notes.

Guido
    Last edited by guidob; 12-30-2009 at 02:02 PM.