+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help w/ syslog file, having trouble with lockups

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My iPod Touch 1G OS 3.1 is crashing pretty often. At first I thought it was a hardware problem, the unit looks shut off but it won't turn back on,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default need help w/ syslog file, having trouble with lockups
    My iPod Touch 1G OS 3.1 is crashing pretty often. At first I thought it was a hardware problem, the unit looks shut off but it won't turn back on, holding sleep and home at the same time reboots it though (/sigh) and after restoring like 4 times I'm pretty sure that it's being caused by a jailbreak program, most likely Backgrounder or Winterboard (the two coolest mods >.< ).

I put syslog on there and I've been trying to see what's happening. I'm attaching my entire log from today. I pulled it right after rebooting after a lockup, so probably somewhere near the bottom is the error.

If someone familiar with iPhone log files could take a look at this it'd be nice, I can't figure out what the hell is going on, Google yields no results.

My /var/log/syslog is here if you scroll down to the bottom it's a lot easier to read in the editor window than in pastebin's code formatting. Thanks for any input.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Ah that's why the 3.1.3 upgrade came out. U are the first person I know that had that problem. Just upgrade and rejAilbreak. Then it won't do that

3. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

kestl (12-21-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'm just curious though, what makes you think that's the problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Because when the 3.1.2 update came out apple said it fixes it. And sry for above I said 3.1.3 but it's 3.1.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was running 3.1.2 the whole time, it started happening pretty frequently too.

I downgraded to 3.0 (didn't even have to do a restore) and re-jailbroke and so far everything seems to be working now.