+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Catigories App

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have had this app before when i was running 3.0 OS but i upgraded to the 3.1.2 , wiped the iphone clean, re jailbroke and then started downloading apps.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Catigories App
    I have had this app before when i was running 3.0 OS but i upgraded to the 3.1.2 , wiped the iphone clean, re jailbroke and then started downloading apps. Now that im up to 5 pages i decided to download catigories to clean things up. I run the program and make my folders and stick all my apps i want where i want them, reboot the springboard, and i have my new folders i made showing on the springboard now....but all the apps i moved are still showing and are also in the folders. got any ideas what my problem might be? thanks for the help

Thanks
    Thanked 8,186 Times in 2,088 Posts

Do you have SBSettings installed?
    If not then do so, it should install libhide wich you need.
    Or try reinstalling Categories.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had to do a restore and had problems using the Recent category feature. I email the Dev and he said there are compatibility issues with the new versions of Categories. Working on a fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Well
    I did not have sbsetting installed as i thought that i did, but i do now and libhide is checked but the same issue occurred. Its so weird as i was using it on the 3.0 OS. Is it possible to make categories using ssh or would that not work? just curious. Thanks for the quick responses and help.

Ok, I found my problem , there was just more work for me to do compared to the old version. IE. making the folders sticking what you want into them and then going into the sbssetting manager and hiding them after put into your folders. Once again thank you for the help it defiantly put me in the right direction.
    Last edited by mafiapitbull; 11-29-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i had this problem download this file here then place it into var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (if the folders are not there then create them and the folders are case sensitive spell it how i have) REBOOT your ipod then respring it and voila!
    if this helped don't forget to hit thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 8,186 Times in 2,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mombopete View Post
    I had to do a restore and had problems using the Recent category feature. I email the Dev and he said there are compatibility issues with the new versions of Categories. Working on a fix.
    He works fast too v2.29 fixes the problem, update available in Cydia (also one for libhide).
    I really like Categories, one of the most useful apps available.