Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [?] Photo Album Location

Question [?] Photo Album Location
    Hey, does anyone know the location of pictures in photo albums? I know the cameral roll is var/mobile/media/DCIM/100APPLE. Thanks, Justin

All the photos are right there in the var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE directory. Note: "Media" has a capital M.

That's only for photos in the camera roll... I am talkiing about photos that have been synced from the computer..

Quote Originally Posted by justinede View Post
    That's only for photos in the camera roll... I am talkiing about photos that have been synced from the computer..
    LOL. Check your itunes to see where they are being syncd from? How are we supposed to know where you have your photos saved?

lol no i mean where they are on the iphone...

Aren't they formed into a batch file like in ipods?

iphonegeneral: "private/var/mobile/Media/photos/thumbs Theses files have a .ithmb extension, you will need a program to extract them. If your using a mac you can use File Juicer. It doesn't look like it's quite so easy on Windows though."

I really wanted them to be in jpg format so I could easily move photos from my camera roll to a different album. I guess I will have to wait and see if some smart dev comes out with this.. I think it would be worth 5-8$.