+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone wont play videos from Youtube or the Web /help please

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi there , recently my iphone stopped playing videos from youtube or safari it will try to open them it will display loading and then will go off them and
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone wont play videos from Youtube or the Web /help please
    Hi there , recently my iphone stopped playing videos from youtube or safari it will try to open them it will display loading and then will go off them and go back to whatever i was doing and wont play any video from youtube or safari it will just quit??
    helpp

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the same problem, have you tried to do this "enable video recording" method? that caused my videos not to play

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeahh i did thatt and i dont know what to do to get them working again :/

braydonowen
    delete the files inside the video decoders and encoders folders.. but dont delete the folders themselves.. just the 3 files in each one

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That worked thank you

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't remember trying to enable video recording..not sure what you mean by that. Not sure if this is exact trouble..but I can no longer play youtube videos from the facebook app...they seem to work fine if I go directly to the youtube app though. Any ideas would be helpful..thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

are your plugins on? check in settings-general-safari

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah plugins are all on...My wife has the same phone and it does the same thing...also another friend of mine with a 16gb 3gs does the same...I wonder if it has anything to do with categories...tried taking it out with no success but maybe I should restore and add stuff 1 at a time to see what breaks it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DSG04lightning's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirooga View Post
    Yeah plugins are all on...My wife has the same phone and it does the same thing...also another friend of mine with a 16gb 3gs does the same...I wonder if it has anything to do with categories...tried taking it out with no success but maybe I should restore and add stuff 1 at a time to see what breaks it.
    yeah mine does the same thing, it wouldnt play vids from outside sources"facebook, safari" it just shows a white screen with the play button and a line through it. it playd vids from the youtube app just fine though

Green Apple
    Thanks

One issue I had was when the YouTube app itself is hidden on springboard via sbsettings no video links will work. Hope that may help someone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah I had it hidden via CategoriesSB and had that trouble..Taking it out fixed most of the trouble...Thanks..Now the only videos it doesn't play are the ones that I have uploaded to Youtube... Going to delete my Youtube account and try again..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi. I'm a total noob when it comes to Iphones so bare with me. I just got an IPhone 3gs and mine has stopped playing videos on safari. Youtube still works though.

Quote Originally Posted by braydonowen View Post
    delete the files inside the video decoders and encoders folders.. but dont delete the folders themselves.. just the 3 files in each one
    Where do I find these folders? On the Iphone itself? Or do I have to plug it in via USB? Because the only folders I can see that way is the DCIM folder that has my photos in it.

Quote Originally Posted by sirooga View Post
    Yeah I had it hidden via CategoriesSB and had that trouble..Taking it out fixed most of the trouble...Thanks..Now the only videos it doesn't play are the ones that I have uploaded to Youtube... Going to delete my Youtube account and try again..
    Whats that about CatagoriesSB? I really have no idea what all this stuff is.

Please can someone help. Thanks.