+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 3.1.2 Volume Mod Help

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I like many have found the system volume on the iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 to be very low. I have edited just about everything in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework changing the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G 3.1.2 Volume Mod Help
    Hi all,
    I like many have found the system volume on the iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 to be very low.

I have edited just about everything in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework changing the default value of 1 to 10, I did not change anything else in any file that was not under the label "Default".

Now my Keyboard Clicks are noticably louder as are the Telephone keyboard tones.

I do have 1 strange issue though, I also edited the following file and changed all the values within to 10

var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.celestial.plist

However I have noticed that is using the volume keys whilst at the home screen for example and turn the volume up to maximum everything is as it should be but if I hit the volume button 1 click past the maximum then edited, louder volume returns to it's normal quieter self.

When going that 1 press beyond maximum which is easy to do something changes a couple of the the edited values in

var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.celestial.plist

so that they return to thier default values.

Does anyone know what file is changing the edits within this file as described? It's a bit of a pain as it means re-editing the file, re-upping it to the phone and then restarting the phone.

Also while I am at it does anyone know which files to edit to increase any of the other system sounds (ringtones, sms, email, charging etc)

I am asking for your help as I have hearing difficulties and this would help me out.

Thanks Good People.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i wish