Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way to create Folders in Outlook on iPhone?

Default Is there a way to create Folders in Outlook on iPhone?
    I hope I'm in the right place. I have iPhone 3G 3.1.2 firmware. I just ran Blackrain & snow. I've always been annoyed that the Outlook mail feature on my phone is really basic & not very user friendly. As a result I rarely have my mail pushed to my cell. It seems after I got my 2 work email accounts up & running on my phone the messages come through fine, but there is no ways to:
    -File mail into multiple folders.
    -Create new permanent Folders.
    -Create rules or filters.

I pretty much have : Inbox, Sent & Trash.
    I used a nice 3rd party app Ibis mail & it has a great full featured email system. But like all apps every time I update firmware I lose it & the setting. My brother got a 3GS about 3 months ago. His iphone Outlook has a lot of different folders ect..

-Did I set up my iphone Outlook wrong at 1st?
    -Is the 3GS use of Outlook that much better than 3G?
    -Are there any ways to enhance my iphone Outlook features/ service on my cell?

I appreciate the help!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i do not think so there is a way to build folders like on googel mail and then will export but not on the one i have
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

I think that's going to depend on your email provider. I've got three IMAP accounts (one on gmail and two of my own domains through GoDaddy) with Outlook 2007 and am able to create folders for all of them. Here's a look at the iPhone side of the gmail account:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DainBramage1 For This Useful Post:

JJMA (01-02-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well i do not know about my ISP if able to do it. Do you sync your email with computer also. I have always had problems because it erases the password every time i sync. Does it do that with you? I will have to try it out to see it that will work Thanks
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

I don't sync my email with the computer. All three of my email accounts that I have set up on my iPhone are IMAP, so they automatically sync. What password is being erased?