+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two Exchange Accounts (ActiveSync)

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by anuser MultiExchange is unrelated to AddExchange and works in a safer manner (no voodoo file modifcation / backup). You keep posting in forums and saying it works
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anuser View Post
    MultiExchange is unrelated to AddExchange and works in a safer manner (no voodoo file modifcation / backup).
    You keep posting in forums and saying it works in a safer manner. How do you figure this? AddExchange works in the same way Apple's Settings.app does to add an account. Takes the user input and edits the plist to add the information. It's not voodoo, and you get a backup incase you have any problems with more than one exchange account and decide to go back to normal with the press of a button. It is quite simple actually, nothing magic involved. Maybe you should stop saying things that are not true.

Also AddExchange? Free.

Multi? $0.99.

edit: If you are going to put down another's app all over the web - at least have your facts straight.
    Last edited by DarthYodi; 01-22-2010 at 10:50 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Agreed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know this is a little old, but I wanted to share my experience for others benefit.

I used AddExchange a few times, and have now switched to MultiExchange.

With AddExchange, I was able to add a second Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) account which seemed to work normally (separate Mail, Calendar, and Contacts), including Push Mail. However, I noticed that mail composed from either EAS account was always sent from the second EAS account. Also, the implementation seemed kludgey because it was not possible to add ANY other accounts while the second EAS was configured. (Try subscribing to a calendar, for example.) I would have to remove the second EAS account, add the other account(s), then re-add the second EAS.

With MultiExchange, everything seems to work normally. Email is sent from the appropriate EAS account, and I am able to add other account(s) with no issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is slightly off-topic but you all seem knowledgable about this topic so I am going to go ahead and ask.

is there an equivalent plist I can modify to add an exchange account like this on the Mac?

I know that there is built in support in iCal, Mail, and Address Book for Exchange, but when I try those wizards I don't think it likes the specific settings for my server or the autodetect isn't working quite the way it should. I know that I have the correct settings because I set it up using this article and it works on my iPhone. my work's mail server does have kind of an odd address that I think I may need to manually input. Since I know i have a working link set up on my iPhone I was hoping I could just use the same configuration in the Mac equivalent of the plist. Any ideas anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I added AddExchange then tried to add a new exchange account within Settings > Mail but it crashed to springboard whenever I try to click into any of the fields on the config page.

I figured the package could have been outdated and therefore a bug with my 3GS on 3.1.3 so tried MultiExchange and got the same experience. Uninstalled AddExchange and rebooted the phone, problem remained.

I've got gmail set up as an exchange account already but that's my only account.

Anybody experienced this problem before and able to suggest a fix?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default exchange accounts
    I successfully put my two accounts in my iPhone. The first one was gmail. With this mod I add hotmail. But I can only receive and view emails that i got today, not the ones I have in my normal account. Any suggestion? Thanks.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456