Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two Exchange Accounts (ActiveSync)

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

I might have to give another try! I kind of gave up, i figured out how to add my Google calendar to show up in calendar app. Which is what I really wanted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    After changing all these settings it worked for me too!

ASAccountEmailAddress
    ASAccountEmailAddresses
    DAAccountPersistentUUID (must change)
    Identifier (changed but same as sync Identifer)
    Sync Identifier (changed but same as Identifier)

All the edits I did were the last for digits/alpha. After first reboot without changing UUID springboard crashed and came up in safemode. Rebooted again and changed UUID, all is working now. Had to add domain and password. Cal and mail syncing great. This is awesome.

Default xml convert
    I can't get past converting the plist file to xml. Tried xml convert but got errors. want to try plutil. Can someone help me get this setup on xp?

Use plutil on the iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I use plist editor for windows http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2073799/pledit.zip

Any chance someone could develop this hack into an app for the more non-technical amongst us? I'm guessing this would sell pretty well anyways - multiple exchange accounts is a pretty common request.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DCBnG View Post
    Any chance someone could develop this hack into an app for the more non-technical amongst us? I'm guessing this would sell pretty well anyways - multiple exchange accounts is a pretty common request.
    I agree make an app, also it would be nice to have this app just in case new code comes out or a restore is needed. This hack took me at least an hour to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBnG View Post
    I can't get past converting the plist file to xml. Tried xml convert but got errors. want to try plutil. Can someone help me get this setup on xp?
    plutil -convert xml1 filename

All right - getting over my trepidation I was able to get this up and going very easily. Followed the instructions and have two exchange accounts working seamlessly.

Tried to add a 3rd, but things got pretty screwy. Deleted the 3rd (I really only need 3, but was interested to see what would happen) and everything is back to good.

i thought this was going to be way harder than it turned out to be, thanks so much. great work!

I have never been a member, just a lurker. I joined today, just to thank Drivesoslow. I am now pushing two exchange accounts, syncing contacts and calendars. And I did not think it could be done! I know that three have been tried, but I think I will give it a shot myself, just to see what happens...

I too joined to thank drivesoslow, fantastic work!

I'd love to see this hack as an app

Three Exchange accounts should be possible just make sure that the following settings are different for each account:

ASAccountEmailAddress
    ASAccountEmailAddresses
    DAAccountPersistentUUID

Quote Originally Posted by pwandz View Post
    I too joined to thank drivesoslow, fantastic work!

I'd love to see this hack as an app
    I spent quite a bit of time looking into this and made no headway, it's going to take someone with more experience with hacking apps on the iPhone.
    Last edited by drivesoslow; 11-17-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to drivesoslow For This Useful Post:

jboone (12-03-2009)

Thank you drivesoslow, great work and great instructions. I love having two Exchanges working.

THANK YOU so much. I now have FOUR (yes 4) exchange accounts working perfectly fine. Love this.

Thumbs up Great!!!
    Works like charm in iPhone 3GS firware 3.1.2
    Thanks a lots.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by drivesoslow View Post
    I do not know if this is limited to any number of Exchange ActiveSync push accounts but I currently have two working side-by-side. Here is how:

Setup one Exchange account on your phone.

SSH into your phone and edit /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.accountsettings.plist

Look for the section that covers your current Exchange account, copy it and paste it below the current entry. Edit the value of ASAccountEmailAddress and Identifier. Save the file.

....]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice job. Very easy for me. Nice to have both of my Gmail accounts working. Thank you.

I've just registered here to say THANKKK YOUUUU!! Brilliant!!! helped me like crazy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had to do a restore and restored through iTunes and I still had both accounts setup. Very nice that I didn't have to do it again.

Absolutely Fantastic! We use Google Apps at work and even though IMAP was easy to set up on both Google Apps accounts, Exchange ActiveSync is so much nicer. Battery performance is better with push mail rather than pull.

Running the command plutil -convert xml1 /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.accountsettings.plist from putty was the key to make the plist file editable for me using WinSCP's edit function. Once the file was edited with the changes to the lines:

ASAccountEmailAddress
    ASAccountEmailAddresses
    DAAccountPersistentUUID (must change)

Everything fell into place.

Thanks for an awesome post!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast