Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Removing Cydia Scources Problem
11-05-2009, 07:35 AM #1Removing Cydia Scources Problem
I have done this below
1. SSH into your iPhone/iPod, hopefully you know how to do that.
2. Go to the root of your iPhone/iPod [/].
3. Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list
4. Download the Cydia.list to your computer and open it using any text editor.
5. Delete the source you added. For example, "deb http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/ ./" if this is the source you want to delete, simply delete that one line. NOT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. Make sure you save the document as is. We are NOT adding any extensions.
6. Drag the saved document into the sources.list.d folder and replace the file.
and when I put in a new source it keeps putting all the sources in that I deleted from cydia.list file and the ones that are still working show up in cydia.
What I want to do is remove all the sources and only have what I want, not only to stop all the errors coming back.
11-05-2009, 08:27 AM #2
most confusing thing ive seen.
why dont you just uninstall them in cydia?
any new ones you add using the add source feature in the sources list.
if you have added any manually they can be deleted from the list just like anything else.
and any that have been installed can be removed as a package.Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
11-05-2009, 02:09 PM #3
make sure you also delete any other lists related to it. Try /var/lib/apt/ and delete the iphone.org.hk lists from there too.