+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 3.0 Keyboard Mod Possibility?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone, Now I know that with firmware 3.0, adding keyboard themes to Winterboard isn't possible aside from the alternatives such as iAccess and iTypeFastR. Those two options still aren't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone Firmware 3.0 Keyboard Mod Possibility?
    Hello everyone,

Now I know that with firmware 3.0, adding keyboard themes to Winterboard isn't possible aside from the alternatives such as iAccess and iTypeFastR. Those two options still aren't completely stable though. From what I understand, I know that with previous firmware versions before 3.0, you were able to both theme your keyboard but also there was an option to just change the color of the keyboard to a different color such as blue, black, red, etc. while keeping the same white keys.

As I was browsing through my iPhone the other day, I did notice one thing that caught my eye and I was wondering if this was a possibility. If you log into the App Store and download an app, it'll ask you for your password the first time you do it. Now if you input an incorrect password, another screen will re-appear asking you to re-enter your password again. This screen that comes up comes up with a black keyboard with white keys. I'm sure most or all of you guys are familiar with this screen. I've seen this black keyboard come out in other apps too such as quickreply in BiteSMS. So this black keyboard tells me that somewhere within the iPhone files, there must be a file or files associated to this black keyboard.

So my question is do you guys think it's possible to find and use these files within the phone to make this the default keyboard everywhere in the iPhone? It's just a thought but I feel like it's possible.

This might be a great option for all of us who are on 3.0.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nobody have any input on this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I noticed this too. I suppose it may be possible to mod the keyboard that way, but I would be more interested in creating a new keyboard altogether (like for 1337 typing, or like the morse code keyboard that is in Cydia).

Thanks

is it possible to use the keyboard themes in cydia on Iphone 3.1.2