+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are the day strings?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi, I was wondering: Does anyone know where the iphone keeps the strings for the names of the days (monday, tuesday, ...)? Because I use my iPhone in english, but
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Where are the day strings?
    hi,
    I was wondering: Does anyone know where the iphone keeps the strings for the names of the days (monday, tuesday, ...)?
    Because I use my iPhone in english, but have my date format set to germany, because that's where I live and that's how I want dates and phone numbers to be formatted.
    BUT it really annoys me that my phone is english, but my days are in german (for example on the lockscreen, on the springboard on the calendar icon, etc.).

So I wanted to change the german day-names to the english ones, but I can't find them ...

ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattoligy's Avatar
    Thanks

How about in the springboard strings!? System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app... in the german lproj folder!?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattoligy View Post
    How about in the springboard strings!? System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app... in the german lproj folder!?
    yeah, I would have thought that too ... they aren't. not in the springboard.strings and not in the calendar frameworks ... I just can't find them, it really drives me mad

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattoligy's Avatar
    Thanks

I havn't got my iPhone atm otherwise i would have a look see if i can find it for ya...