+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springboard.string problem!?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Recently I made some modifications over ssh on my iphone 3g on 3.12 jailbroken somehow I ended up with my spotlight search bar reading "SEARCH_BAR_PLACEHOLDER" the ringer text when i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Springboard.string problem!?
    Recently I made some modifications over ssh on my iphone 3g on 3.12 jailbroken
    somehow I ended up with my spotlight search bar reading "SEARCH_BAR_PLACEHOLDER"
    the ringer text when i change volume reads "RINGER_VOLUME" and the date on my calendar has disappeared.
    From what I've heard they all belong to problems related to the Springboard.string in the springboard app,but I dont think I've made any change on that file at all.
    Anyway I downloaded and replaced some original Springboard.string files off the web,ranging from one from 3.0 and one from 3.12 3GS version.None of them solved my problem,so I dont think it is solely the problem of that file,perhaps some permission changes?
    Please help me!!!

may be if someone could upload the original 3.12 springboard.strings from an iphone 3g for me?
    it's in /System/Library/Coreservices/Springboard.app/English.Iproj/Springboard.strings
    Last edited by jackiecorn; 10-29-2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this file has the origional or my edited one. The clander works. I changes some things to fit the tap to unlock which can be sshed w/o wintercrap lol. Ne ways ur choice i just did this to my phone was up all nihgt figuring the whole thing out and those system strings took the longest. LOL SO here ya go. Enjoy.
    O the one calld original-ststemstrings ect is the origional backup. The other one is my edited one. There is a third one that only has 4 entries that makes it tap to answer and decline call as well as powerdown and unlock. Apply all strings(except origional-system strings) so two total and the three images. This works for me in 3.1.2 and before in 3.0 so im gonna say it works on 3.x.x sorry the folder is a bit disorganized its late or early i gotta get a power nap 4b school . Have a good time

ps
    http://*************/showthread.php?t=17277
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dhangejr; 11-17-2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: additions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey thanks,i fixed the problem myself earlier by deleting en.Iproj next to English.Iproj,didn't know why it got there...
    hope it helps others with similar problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ran into same problem as jackiecorn, using iphonebrowser.
    "Recently I made some modifications over ssh on my iphone 3g on 3.12 jailbroken somehow I ended up with my spotlight search bar reading "SEARCH_BAR_PLACEHOLDER" the ringer text when i change volume reads "RINGER_VOLUME" and the date on my calendar has disappeared."
    I replaced the SpringBoard.strings file with the original file provided by dhangejr. The "slide to unlock" text and the ringer volume text are back to normal. The spotlight search text is still reading "SEARCH_BAR_PLACEHOLDER" and the calendar date is still missing.
    I looked for the en.Iproj file, but I only see an el.Iproj file and I do not wont to delete or move anything else just yet.
    Any insight you guys may be able to provide is greatly appreciated!!!!
    Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by asher73 View Post
    I ran into same problem as jackiecorn, using iphonebrowser.
    "Recently I made some modifications over ssh on my iphone 3g on 3.12 jailbroken somehow I ended up with my spotlight search bar reading "SEARCH_BAR_PLACEHOLDER" the ringer text when i change volume reads "RINGER_VOLUME" and the date on my calendar has disappeared."
    I replaced the SpringBoard.strings file with the original file provided by dhangejr. The "slide to unlock" text and the ringer volume text are back to normal. The spotlight search text is still reading "SEARCH_BAR_PLACEHOLDER" and the calendar date is still missing.
    I looked for the en.Iproj file, but I only see an el.Iproj file and I do not wont to delete or move anything else just yet.
    Any insight you guys may be able to provide is greatly appreciated!!!!
    Thank you.
    the en.lproj is just a language folder. as long as you keep english.lproj or any .plroj files u want, you will be fine. all it does is now in that application it wont let you use this language. you will be fine with deleting the en.plroj file dw.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dylmyster22 For This Useful Post:

asher73 (12-18-2009)