Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tether 3.1.2 for free :))))

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneman1011 View Post
    Ok I just found this and it works really well. This is the step by step process to do this.

Step 1. Go to cydia.

Step 2. Manage> Sources> Edit> Add. Add this.

Index of / Click on add source

Step 3. Click save, then let is get the package and save it.

Step 4. Once it has done that, Click on that source, and scroll down about half way and you will find TWO packages. ONE IS FOR THE 3G AND THE OTHER IS FOR THE 3GS. BE CAREFUL!!!!! Install the package. and your phone will reboot. after this. Go to setting> General> network> and there you go. Just like it was. This is free and should work just the same on the 3gs as the 3g. I hope this helps people out who don't want to pay for MyWi.

Here is the page that I got all the info for it.

Tether iPhone 3g 3.1.2 for FREE!
    This works for sure. You just need to reinstall the original tethering hack from: "http://help.benm.at" (without the quotes)
    Along with doing the steps listed above.

It worked great for me, it's nice to see the tethering option again!

Quote Originally Posted by enddescency View Post
    Alright, here is how to enable free internet tethering on iPhone 3G and 3Gs running 3.1.2 firmware. Jailbreak your device using The newest version of blackra1n, (blackra1n) then open the blackra1n icon on your iPhone and install Rock App. Once the installation is complete (which will require a soft restart) search for "Enable tethering" in Rock App. There are two different versions of this tweak available, one for iPhone 3g and another for iPhone 3gs. Download and install the one that corresponds to your device and it will require a full restart of your phone (which it will prompt for), upon respringing, internet tethering will be available in Settings>General>Network>Internet Tethering. Turn tethering on and plug your device into your computer and enjoy free internet tethering through USB and Bluetooth. Unlike MyWi this doesn't cost a thing, and as far as I can tell my MMS and visual voice mail are still running perfectly. Happy tethering.
    For this to work you have to go to help.benm.at and install after you installed the internet tethering from Rock then it will work. Thanx.

I have done this on my iPhone 3G without installing anything via Cydia/Rock.

Jailbreak and then Unlock (snow) with Blackra1n then download the relevant .mobileconfig file for your network provider at help.BenM.at – Mobileconfigs and Tethering for your iPhone | BenM.at

Simples

If you want to share your connection with friends, then you might look into MyWi. Of course there's a price tag and your connection might slow down to a crawl.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chillihound View Post
    I have done this on my iPhone 3G without installing anything via Cydia/Rock.

Jailbreak and then Unlock (snow) with Blackra1n then download the relevant .mobileconfig file for your network provider at help.BenM.at Mobileconfigs and Tethering for your iPhone | BenM.at

Simples
    ya but that only wokrs for 3.0

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

braydonowen
    Quote Originally Posted by kys View Post
    If you want to share your connection with friends, then you might look into MyWi. Of course there's a price tag and your connection might slow down to a crawl.
    you can share your connection without MyWi by setting up an adhoc network

Quote Originally Posted by enddescency View Post
    Alright, here is how to enable free internet tethering on iPhone 3G and 3Gs running 3.1.2 firmware. Jailbreak your device using The newest version of blackra1n, (blackra1n) then open the blackra1n icon on your iPhone and install Rock App. Once the installation is complete (which will require a soft restart) search for "Enable tethering" in Rock App. There are two different versions of this tweak available, one for iPhone 3g and another for iPhone 3gs. Download and install the one that corresponds to your device and it will require a full restart of your phone (which it will prompt for), upon respringing, internet tethering will be available in Settings>General>Network>Internet Tethering. Turn tethering on and plug your device into your computer and enjoy free internet tethering through USB and Bluetooth. Unlike MyWi this doesn't cost a thing, and as far as I can tell my MMS and visual voice mail are still running perfectly. Happy tethering.
    This only works with 3.0 and 3.0.1 firmware. NOT compatible with the 3.1.2 firmware.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12