Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to disable custom UI sounds for Winterboard themes?

Question Possible to disable custom UI sounds for Winterboard themes?
    I recently downloaded the free trial of the Glass Orb Color theme for Winterboard. I liked it, so I went ahead and purchased the Pro version that themed everything. Little did I know that it has some of the most annoying custom UI sounds I've ever heard. I downloaded ToneFXs trial, and it lets me fix every sound except the one that happens when sending a text message (which is as equally annoying as all the others).

Is there I way I can make my phone use all of the default sounds, but still use the visual parts of the theme? I like ToneFXs, but I hate to pay $5 for it just to rid myself of those sounds, especially since there's one that it can't touch.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

No..you will have to ssh and delete the UISounds folder located in the main theme folder

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    No..you will have to ssh and delete the UISounds folder located in the main theme folder
    Doing this will force use of the default sounds? Can folders be renamed? I have played with ssh with my 1st gen jailbroken iPhone, but I don't think I ever tried to rename the folders. Would renaming have the same effect as deleting?

Actually there is a solution.

There is a separate package in Cydia called Winterboard Lite that gives you the option in Preferences.app to turn off UISounds support.