Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone +external touchscreen

Default iphone +external touchscreen
    I have a pioneer avic-z3 (it's a 7" touchscreen navi head unit for a car) I have it hooked up to my iphone using a/v cables and it sounds great. When I pull up iphone maps on my iphone the map appears on my avic-z3 but not my iphone leaving me unable to use the buttons on the iphone to use the map program. So what I am wondering is: Is there a way to use the avic-z3 to control the buttons on the screen?? and if not Is there a way to not have the map go up on the avic-z3 and stay on the iphone so I can use the map on the iphone?

Some of you may be wondering why I want to use google maps on my pioneer avic-z3 that is a navigation unit....Because the avic's maps are un-reliable and junk compared to google maps.

Thanks

Nothing..., my question is not that retarded. All I really wanted was someone to say was "impossible, unless you want to software + hardware mod it" or something. No offense to anyone I just thought I might get 1 reply but I guess there are not too many of us AVIC+iphone people out there.

Are you using screensplitr? I don't understand why your maps don't show up if you are using it.

I was using tv out. and i did get my maps on the avic screen but they were not on the iphone screen and i can not controll them from the avic screen...so I can not control g-maps as in I can not hit the next button to see the rest of the directions. is there a navi app that you don't need to use buttons on after choosing an address?

Thanks much for any help I know it's not the easiest ?

There is 2 or 3 in Cydia and i think there is even a tom tom app in appstore but it is 60 and 80 for the version that supports rest of europe. The tom tom does have turn by turn directions, i think one of the cydia apps does too, i dont know if you have jailbroken?

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been using my iPhone in my car with a Jenson 7 inch flip out monitor. My phone is wires to RCA ports on the back of the unit with an apple a/v cable. Never by default has anything showed up on my Jenson screen. The only thing that works is YouTube. It will work with screensplitr, but my iPhone display is still active.
    Sorry you haven't really gotten any responses. I would love to be able to use my jenson screen with maps. I'll keep an eye on this thread, and update it if I find anything out.