+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: it can be done (3rd party tv out cables)

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I know some people here and on ipod touch fans have bought non apple tv out cables, they worked on 2.xx firmware, then when users upgraded to 3.xx the people
    Thanks

Default it can be done (3rd party tv out cables)
    I know some people here and on ipod touch fans have bought non apple tv out cables, they worked on 2.xx firmware, then when users upgraded to 3.xx the people who had these cables would find out that they would no longer be able to display video on their televisions.

SO since there are people out there that can do this, im simply saying that it would be nice if someone would find the area where it was possible to use 3rd party cables in 2.xx and create something that would patch our 3.xx files so we can view our video again.

protip: all cables except apples official cables are the same, apple simply put a chip in their new cables which talks to your ipod and ask's if you have apple cables, so patch the file on 3.xx and we can do what we want.

why should you do this?

because the 3rd party ones are as cheap or cheaper than $5 on ebay that work on 2.xx

versus apples $65 rip off

if you dont feel up to it, and atleast know the files that contain the data please atleast tell me that.

I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY FOR YOUR WORK.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used my ebay cable twice then I upgraded. Such a waste.
    Please someone help us out.
    3g 3.0 jail unlock