Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: There's no Safari on my iPhone

Default There's no Safari on my iPhone
    I have an iPhone 2g and I've installed 3.0 OS about a month ago. It's jailbroken and activated. The thing is, i've noticed just now that there's no Safari icon and I can't access the internet. I've checked the Applications folder and it's there. What should I do to fix this? Any ideas? I'm not an expert at all this jailbreaking stuff so please explain everything in a simple way. Thanks.

Do you have sbsettings? if yes, go to more > hide applications then see if safari is there and if it is then click the thing to OFF.

sorry, but i acctually dont even know what that is

Thanks

Tell us what packages u have install or restore

That's happened to me before, when I jailbroke my iPhone " stocks and contacts" were missing,

I just rejailbroke

Go into Cydia. on the home page look at Featured Packages. from there find SBSettings and install it.

Once done it will tell you do reboot or w/e. Then drag your finger across the status bar a little bit until you see the drop down screen. from there follow my previous instructions.

if you don't have safari as hidden then you're just gonna have to rejailbreak bro.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nsachar For This Useful Post:

niuri_cigarete (10-10-2009)

I've just tried this, but it appears there's another problem. I can't connect to wi-fi. It doesn't find any networks or it's some strange sgmd connection that doesn't even exist (I know that because I used my laptop for searching for wi-fi networks). Is it possible that 3.0 OS is causing this? I didnt have any problems with 2.0 firmware

Did u poof it or install some package that hid it? How did you get to 3.0?

re-jailbreak

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeah, dude, just rejailbreak easiest thing to do from this point.

Quote Originally Posted by niuri_cigarete View Post
    I have an iPhone 2g and I've installed 3.0 OS about a month ago. It's jailbroken and activated. The thing is, i've noticed just now that there's no Safari icon and I can't access the internet. I've checked the Applications folder and it's there. What should I do to fix this? Any ideas? I'm not an expert at all this jailbreaking stuff so please explain everything in a simple way. Thanks.

Re-jailbreak. It's going to be the easiest way, at this point. Just remember to sync first, so u don't lose any contacts, calendars, etc.

well, you see it was bought while it was still available to buy without the contract. It was then sent to me and I had to jailbreak and activate it because I use not supported service.