+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need serious help to recover deleted photos

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I have an iphone 3gs and I accidentally deleted a few photos. I know there are ways to recover it and stuff. I saw threads like this: http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/2...-recovery.html and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need serious help to recover deleted photos
    Hi I have an iphone 3gs and I accidentally deleted a few photos. I know there are ways to recover it and stuff. I saw threads like this:
    HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery

and

Recovering Lost/Deleted Data From An iPhone That Has Not Been Backed Up

but both of those threads tell you how to do it on a mac. I have a windows based computer running vista and I need help to recover these pictures.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Did you do a backup?
    Is the backup still on your pc?

If so, then download Irfanview (use google).

Goto the backup folder on your PC:

Vista - CUsers\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync

XP - CDocuments and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\

Use IrFanView to view the *.mddata files. If you get a picture, then rename the extension to *.jpg.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nah I deleted them like not too long after I saved them. Thanks for trying though. I really just wanna make an img of my hdd or w.e I gotta do but I can't find a windows guide and I just get confused trying to do it following mac because I can't do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Recover Deleted Photos
    Hopefully this might help you out....

You can often recover deleted pictures successfully from a phone (iPhone or whatever brand), a PC, camera memory card or USB Memory stick.

It all depends on what has happened since you deleted the pictures.

When you delete pictures (or any files) the data itself isn’t deleted, just the index entry that tells the system where the data for those files is located. The area containing the deleted data is also now marked as free space so it is available for any new files to be written there instead.

If and when that happens, then it is too late to recover your deleted pictures so it is very, very important to not save any new files or data to the device concerned.

If the deleted pictures are on your PC, use another PC to browse the internet for a solution as internet browsing causes lots of temporary files to get written to the disk. Download any photo recovery software, for example, to a memory stick, plug that in the computer with the deleted pictures and run it from there.

If the deleted pictures are on a phone, camera memory card or USB memory stick, just don’t save any new files to it.

One of the easiest ways to see if you can recover deleted pictures is to try some photo recovery software.

A good tip is to try the free demo version of a commercial product that will scan the device for deleted pictures and show you exactly what pictures can be recovered.

At least that will show you if you can recover the deleted pictures or if it’s too late already.

You can find more useful information on how to recover deleted photos from a phone etc at http://www.recoverdeletedpictures.com

Basically, you'll need to be able to connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable. It will see it as a 'removeable device' (another disk drive in effect). Run the photo recovery software and select the iPhone "drive" and scan it. It might take a while but you'll get to see all the files it finds and thumbnail preview images will be shown for the ones that can be recovered. If it looks promising then it's up to you to decide on the merits of paying for it
    Last edited by Alfmeister; 10-09-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the post but I cannot do that because when I plug my iPhone in it does not see I as a disk drive it sees it as an iPhone and like I can't do anything with it so idk. I know I need to do some sshing for this to work but idk how to do it.