+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Add Countries Not Currently Listed on iPhone?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I have successfully jailbroken and unlocked my ATT iPhone 3GS, and have been happily using it in Ghana (Western Africa). I've noticed, however, that when messaging, it adds the
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default How To Add Countries Not Currently Listed on iPhone?
    Hello,

I have successfully jailbroken and unlocked my ATT iPhone 3GS, and have been happily using it in Ghana (Western Africa). I've noticed, however, that when messaging, it adds the country code of '+233' to every person who texts me, which (for some reason) disassociates the number from the person in my contact list... It is very frustrating.

I first noticed that Ghana wasn't a supported country in the contact list, when all of my contacts now read USA for country when I moved all my contacts to iPhone from Palm Treo. I tried to change them all manually, but promptly realized that Ghana wasn't listed in the countries list, which is rather odd.

I looked online, and found this => iClarified - iPhone - How to Add an Unsupported Country to AppSupport Using Windows However, I have to admit that I have no idea what that is talking about; I became confused at step one when it asked me to launch WinSCP.

I'm not a completely non-technical person (relative, I know), but I would think that being able to differentiate my US contacts from my Ghanaian contacts would resolve my texting problem.

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by thunderhawki; 09-25-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Really? Nothing???
    Okay, so I have fixed the messaging issue, but still 'Ghana' is not listed in the contact's available countries. No one has any ideas?