Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Block All Ads System Wide - even Cydia ads

Smile Block All Ads System Wide - even Cydia ads
    This project has been moved!!

We have finished the new website and this thread is now hosted on ModYouri.com

Please stop by and post a thread or two

PM Corleone if you have any questions

PS - The website is iPhone friendly
    Last edited by rbisconti97; 12-04-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Update Everything, LOL
    If you like this, don`t forget hit THANKS button!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rbisconti97 For This Useful Post:

BLiS (10-22-2009), Jahooba (10-18-2009), mazor (09-21-2009), SkyGuy5 (10-28-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Ya know, its kinda ironic that you are asking for donations for a tweak that will prohibit other developers from making their income

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Ya know, its kinda ironic that you are asking for donations for a tweak that will prohibit other developers from making their income
    If you click on the ads to help developers do not install this. Note the clause above
    Quote Originally Posted by rbisconti97 View Post
    I just did this because the ads are in the way for me and i never click them. If you occasionally click on ads to support the developers, do not install this.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I saw that, Im just sayin I thought it was kinda funny. Nice tweak though.

It's like adblock plus for firefox, but more of a hassle.
    BOOBAH!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Looks interesting.

Yah and what server are we supporting with a donation if they are on rapidshare? not trying to knock ya but i want to make sure my money isn't going to sally struthers instead of starving children kinda thing

Quote Originally Posted by LrdBane View Post
    Yah and what server are we supporting with a donation if they are on rapidshare? not trying to knock ya but i want to make sure my money isn't going to sally struthers instead of starving children kinda thing
    All the files are kept on my rapidshare account except for the auto updated file, it is kept on my private server. The donations are mainly to show support and the best way to say thank you This project has already been very active on another site and I thought I would bring it to this community It is watched very closely and any if not all requests are met.

Update

-fixed issue with zods forums and blog site

Get it here or toggle:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/279806170/hosts.zip
    Last edited by rbisconti97; 09-14-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is nothing like Adblock for safari. It is more comprehensive and the toggle updates the host file when turned off, 5 second wait, and turned on again. I've used this from the other site that the OP is speaking of and it works great.

Update v2.0.2
    -Removed ads from Twitterific free (appstore)
    ^^ Must uninstall then reinstall for cached ads to be removed ^^

Get through toggle,
    will update zip download tomorrow seeing it is 2am now

can you update the bosspaper file?

I don't click on ads EVER.. so it doesn't really matter to me. Like most people using adblockers - We don't click on them.

This mod *seems* extensive so I'll have to take a second look over it haha.

Lovely

Not

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    I don't click on ads EVER.. so it doesn't really matter to me. Like most people using adblockers - We don't click on them.

This mod *seems* extensive so I'll have to take a second look over it haha.
    Its not entirely the case of if we click on them. This mod stops them from being downloaded at all saving battery and time

It's not really that "extensive" either, you just replace the hosts file in /etc/ and your done. The toggle is a few more steps but it can disable, enable, and update the hosts file so you never have to update manually again

Update

Hosts v2.0.2 (same as current toggle update)
    -Removed ads from Twitterific free (appstore)
    ^^ Must uninstall then reinstall for cached ads to be removed ^^
    -fixed issue with zods forums and blog site
    -Version number is now in first line of hosts file. It can be viewed using any file viewer such as iFile.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/280895057/hosts.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfwtf222 View Post
    can you update the bosspaper file?
    Updated BossPaper patch to v1.1.1

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/280894923/BossPaper
    Last edited by rbisconti97; 09-16-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Updated hosts.zip download to current version • Updated BossPaper patch to v1.1.1

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rbisconti97 For This Useful Post:

nj324 (09-19-2009)

wow, this is the best hack ever!!

I just appended my host list with your host values, and applied the patched files for bossprefs, and smprefs, and all good.

As where I live internet on 3g is not unlimited, this mod if a lifesaver

Mazor

Thanks

dude.. you effin rawk!

i hate spam

Just one small problem, The Categories patch may work to load up the application, but unfortunately when one tries to add or modify settings, nothing changes even after respring. Reverting back to the old hosts file and original unpatched file fixes it but every time I want to install new sub catergories or add to it, will have to reverse this hack.

Any ideas on a fix for the patch?

Mazor

Just got one problem,. With Categories, applying applying the patch and chmod command, it does indeed patch it so Categories loads up fine, but upon trying to change any of the folders, etc it no changes are saved. I found the only way was to change back to the default hosts file and use the unpatched Categories to get it working.

Any ideas on how to fix it so it will work in patched no advert mode?

Maz

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    Just got one problem,. With Categories, applying applying the patch and chmod command, it does indeed patch it so Categories loads up fine, but upon trying to change any of the folders, etc it no changes are saved. I found the only way was to change back to the default hosts file and use the unpatched Categories to get it working.

Any ideas on how to fix it so it will work in patched no advert mode?

Maz
    I just tried it on my phone and there's no problem. I'm not sure what's wrong. You were first supposed to replace the Categories file and before opening the app you enter chmod command. then reboot just to be safe and try editing stuff in there again.

Hi, fixed my issues with Catergories. one must must "chmown root categories" in addition to the Chmod stuff.

once I changed owership it was all fine. I think it was the way I used sshfs to log into the iphone to copy the patched files in.

mazor

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mazor For This Useful Post:

rbisconti97 (09-26-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    Hi, fixed my issues with Catergories. one must must "chmown root categories" in addition to the Chmod stuff.

once I changed owership it was all fine. I think it was the way I used sshfs to log into the iphone to copy the patched files in.

mazor
    Awesome Thank you for posting how you got this working!! Will update first post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast