+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to remove Supreme Preferences 3.0?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey all, I installed Supreme preferences 3.0, and my phone is borked. I can not open any application at all, nothing. I can ssh into the phone though still, and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exclamation How to remove Supreme Preferences 3.0?
    Hey all, I installed Supreme preferences 3.0, and my phone is borked. I can not open any application at all, nothing. I can ssh into the phone though still, and I can see everything, and even spring board settings still works, but nothin else, not the phone or anything. How do I remove it?? I would like to have my phone back lol

Thanks
    Thanked 9,515 Times in 5,842 Posts

You may have to restore to get rid of everything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You may have to restore to get rid of everything.
    I was afraid of that, is there a way to manually remove supreme preferences using SSH? I would like to try that first if possible...

Thanks

Not sure because it changes so many files ((and I don't all of them)) in your phone. I have helped other with the same problem and they all ended up restoring.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Not sure because it changes so many files ((and I don't all of them)) in your phone. I have helped other with the same problem and they all ended up restoring.
    Well once again, after respringing like 10 times and pressing every icon on the phone, it finally opened an app, and the reset to the lock screen, and is fucntioning normall again.

The sad thing is, I haven't even turned any settings on with it or used it yet, but this is the second time I have had this same problem.

I can't restore now, I am at work, but I will in the morning, just a pain, because I have already installed so much on the phone, and having to resync pictures, music, movies, reinstall all of my apps, and then go through and delete all of the excessive language packs is a huge pain. If anyone knows how to get rid of this manually, because it was installed manually, not through cydia, please let me know. However, I still think a restore is in order.

Thanks

Well good luck, (maybe some magic will happen and fix itself).

Thanks

lol thanks...I don't know, it seems like an awefully buggy program. Anyone know of an easier way to get everything back on my phone, like if I copy over the ipa's or something to that affect?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Supreme Preferences was a huge fail, like Cadi said is changes alot of files.

The only way to completely "fix" ur phone is to restore.

-itunes will of course copy your appstore stuff. If you have cracked apps dont even mention it here, discussion isnt allowed and we wont help you.

-you can install "pkgbackup" from cydia to restore your cydia apps.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

memnoch_thedevil (09-12-2009)

Thanks

pictures, music, movies and contacts will be there when you sync. If the phone wasn't fritzed you could use PgkBackup in Cydia for all your 3rd party apps and of coarse all the App Store apps are easily synced as well.

cpjr beat me again, your quick on the draw tonight buddy.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-12-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

memnoch_thedevil (09-12-2009)

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the help guys. Ya I meant my cydia apps, I have quite a few, and bought several from the store as well, it's always such a pain to do a restore, and have to reinstall everything over again. I will check out pkgbackup...

I will leave it as be for now, I was able to go into Cydia and remove supreme, and I deleted a lot of the files I found that were left behind, and for the moment all seems ok. I'll let it run for a day or two to see if I notice any problems, and restore from there if necessary. I might have gotten lucky and dodged a bullet heh

Ninja Edit:

I spoke too soon, no sooner than I hit post, I was removing a source from cydia that was giving me error messages, and once back in the phone, same problem reappeared. One a positive note, the phone seems to be the key, I remembered it was the last app I tried before, and sure enough I pressed phone, and same semi respring, and all is normal again. Definately doing a restore now heh
    Last edited by memnoch_thedevil; 09-12-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Spoke too soon